• Chapter XIX

Der Kummer der nicht spricht, nagt leise an dem Herzen bis es bricht

-William Shakespear

Victoria and Ethan had been since their simple coming out as a couple in the great hall, the talk of the school

It was in moments like when Ethan would pick her up after class, they would go on a date to Hogsmeade or simply joining the other at their representative house table when Hogwarts seemed to have nothing other to talk about. First-year girls were left to giggle when they spotted the couple together and olders to gush over how they wanted a relationship like theirs. And while neither minded nor noticed the attention their couple months old relationship got, both were too occupied with each other to notice some thought about it worse than others.

It was one of those times. Victoria walking from her last lesson, a single rose in her, that it left people to gush over 'Hogwarts It-coule', and an envy boy seeing all of that.

James had witnessed her entering herbology with the rose and Mary letting out a horrible high-pitched sound when seeing it. His gaze, the whole lesson fixed on the red object lying on her table only supported him in his opinion for him, running up to her as she was rather fast to leave the class.

"Victoria, love. " She didn't react, hoping that he would disappear. But for her missery, he continued walking with her, now having caught up to her, and walking next to her. The blond hadn't turned to him, her eyes now having focused on a person standing a couple meter away, his blue eyes not having spotted them yet. Unnoticed by James she pulled out her wand from behind her ear and started to conjure birds.

"Piss of Potter. ," he chuckled amused, a smirk decorating his face.

"Common love. You know the night we spent together was enjoyed by both sides. We should repeat that some time again." Victoria glared at him, having then caught up on what he did when she noticed that Ethan was near enough to have heard that.

For her luck, he had been with his thoughts somewhere other, only having the volume of James' voice to notice them, immediately smiling at the sight of his girlfriend. Yet he looked rather questioning at the grinning boy by her side ,who looked at her with a look he hoped to misinterpret. 

The birds still flew beside Victoria as she finally arrived at the boy, seeming to relax a little at his presence, and kissing him on the cheek. James' eyes hadn't left Victoria's movements with his eyes, and before either one of them could make up, or continue a moment which would cause anyone to gush about, a jealouse James pipped in.

"I think we hadn't had a proper introducing. I'm James. James Potter. " He held out his hand for Ethan seeming to be polite and causing Victoria to glare at him at his somehow ironic behavior. The brown-haired boy smiled politely at the slightly shorter boy, shaking his hand. The girl thought he was way too nice right now, and cursed James under her breath as he seemed to smirk more arrogant at how polite ,yet obvious the boy in front of him was.