• Chapter XXIV

She was one of those people where when she smiled the whole room got brighter.

She made the world more beautiful just by existing.

And my god if you got her, you never let her go

It had been dozens of confirmations having arrived over the days from families affirming their coming to the easter ball the Atkinsons would hold

It had been dozens of confirmations having arrived over the days from families affirming their coming to the easter ball the Atkinsons would hold. It hadn't mattered that only Jacob, Alodie, Jacob and Victoria lived their, for Kalina Atkinson to hold the ball in the manor, despite not living there anymore. Every event was hosted at the main resident.

Events, galas over balls and parties, Victoria had grown up with them. Ones better than others, still all attended by people who were mostly the same. Used to it, Victoria knew how to appear. How to talk and how to think, as this was one of the main aspects of her home education. As an Atkinson, learning how to act, during certain situations is the equivalent to taking mannerism classes during childhood.

Still, the will of not leaving her room on Saturday, March 30, was there, more resistant than ever. But as not only sunshine made its way through the white curtains but also her mother along with a dozen dresses hovering behind her, Victoria knew how her day would continue.

It couldn't be past 7, most people not even awake, yet Victoria found herself in the company of the blond woman who had a small smile on her face and an excited glimmer in her eyes.

"Victoire, I know your not up now but I thought we could-" The dresses stopped in the middle of the room along with the woman who stopped as she spotted her daughter wide awake, checking over homework, even then in the holidays.Alodie sighted at the gir, as if she seemed exhausted. "Mon cœur, I told you, you need to stop with these little rituals of yours. There is nothing bad going to happen if you sleep a little longer or brush your teeth before showering. ," the woman stated, clearly having said this sentence more than once, her french accent coming out more permanent than usual.

Of course, it was easier said than done - Victoria knowing how much those rituals took away from her day. But as her mother had talked against, the feeling of something bad happening was still there, when she wasn't exactly following that routine. And along with the fear of getting sick if she wouldn't wash her hands probably too much it was there it seemed as if wouldn't go away any time soon.

Victoria knew that there was no need for saying anything in return, and while she really didn't want to, she closed her books and rolled up her piece of parchment. The woman continued walking through the room, a smile on her face, and the excited glimmer still in her eyes as she walked past the bay window and to the area between the chimney and a velvet sofa on which were a variety of pillows, all of them placed in perfect position without the slightest wrinkle.

"There are a lot of people coming today. Of course, you have to look presentable, so I thought I could help you. ," the woman stated with her thick French accent, and while the now standing Victoria knew that she wouldn't want to, she returned the smile as warm as her mothers, not in a fake act but like a natural act towards the woman who placed her left hand on her daughter's cheek, rubbing her thumb in comfort over it. The girl herself leaned shortly into the comforting touch, her brown eyes meeting her mothers blue.