• Chapter XIII

Sometimes we open windows
Even before we close the door
Leaping through both at once 
Half down the normal path
Half toward the wondering sky

Sometimes we open windowsEven before we close the doorLeaping through both at once Half down the normal pathHalf toward the wondering sky

James experienced physical pain for the first time when he was barely a year old.

Little baby James - as he would put it, who was even cuter than puberty James - sat in the lap of his mother, as her excited mood wore off to the 2 males near her.

Fleamont following his wives' lead and James following his father's lead wore the brightest smile possible, as far as clapping and giggling in almost perfect synch.

"Euphemia, now please let the boy go. I want to see those chubby little legs walk. ," he hurried out, laughing as the little boy seemed just as excited as he seemed to be in that moment. Even when the women held her worries to the boy already walking the distance from her place to where her husband was, which could have never been more than 1 or 2 feet, she couldn't help but follow their bubbly excitement now, as alone seeing those two not being able to stand still was to precious for her eyes.

"I solemnly swear Fleamont, if-"

"I don't catch the baby, you want a divorce. I know, I know, that is what you already said when I levitated him in his stroller down the stairs. ," he retold, waving off the glare the women send him.

Carefully, placing him on his two feet, the women held her hands still around his little belly, softly pushing aside the amount of hair that was already that long that it would occasionally block his view.

James felt that it was now his time to shine took his chubby finger and pushed his mother's fingers away, signaling her with an almost sassy look that he could take it from here.

He did two steps before he fell right on his face.

The first emotional pain came when he was 3.

His favorite stuffed pet had gone missing, not even answering to the roars he thought made the stuffed lion come back. He knew that the cries he let out after that wouldn't make the pet come back, but it certainly helped to attract his parents' attention.

7 hours of crying and searching (mostly performed with spells), failed attempts of distraction, it was the cat who came with the answer. It was the left-over paw of a beloved stuffed animal, but it was an answer.

James grieve lasted 2 hours before his parents took him to the Zoo and he saw a real lion And then a snake, and while he would never admit it out loud, the stuffed snake they had gotten him afterward was his best friend for the next 4 years.

He lived through every emotional pain that was thrown at him. But sadly, the people we love the most, are able to cause the most pain. No wonder that James would rather fall on his face and lose his stuffed lion all over again when these words left Victoria's mouth. The situation was so ironical humourous that it was most painful. He thought to lose his toys was bad, but losing something that was never yours in the first place - that was what really hurt. Year and year he had thought that sometimes, something like this had to happen. She wasn't coming together with him, so maybe with someone else. But over the year, she stayed single. A few dates, but never more. And not even because of his ways of sabotaging it.