• Chapter VII

"When the stars come out at night, I remember all evenings spent with you."

s.s. (stephenstilwell)

"So, the usual breakfast for this day? ," Victoria heard Lily ask while pipping her head through the doorframe of the bathroom

"So, the usual breakfast for this day? ," Victoria heard Lily ask while pipping her head through the doorframe of the bathroom. The girls were the only ones left in there as the other girls were already in the great hall, eating breakfast. While Lily had one of these days where she took her time, getting ready in the morning after waking up late, her best friend was quite the opposite. Waking up at 6 o'clock, going for a walk, showering and then dressing in leggings and a plain white shirt, Victoria spend the rest of the time the others slept on her bed, going through some papers. While she was busy making the last changes to them, she only halfway saw Dorca wake up after her, followed by Mary. Both went downstairs with a short morning.Marleen woke up 10 minutes before Lily, dressing herself in a small dress, she hugged Victoria, before rushing down, saying that she will be at tryouts.

"No need to get breakfast. I do it. You already agreed on coming to tryouts. So getting your food is the least I could do Ginger Ninja. ," Victoria answered. Lily's request followed after their morning talk, which was about light stuff like school. With a final wink and ducking away from the thrown pillow, the blond made her way towards the kitchen.

It was the second Sunday of the school year, which meant Quidditch tryouts. As if she didn't have enough to do, McGonnagle made her the new Quidditch captain. With the upcoming O.W.L.'s she had hoped that her father would allow her to quit, but as the news of her new position came, all hope vanished.

Going in the direction of the kitchen, Victoria automatically came near the Earth-smelling common room of students dressed in black and yellow. " Every year the same. ," a voice said amused and before Victoria turned around with a smile. The Hufflepuff standing in front of her had his hair as usual in a tidy way. The Pullover he wore with the name Holloway on the back was in the same warm color as usual and even before turning around was the first thing Victoria noticed again was the familiar scent of nature/ fresh freshly churned earth.

"Yes. Every year, I get down to the kitchen, grabbing breakfast before tryouts. But this guy I consider one of my best friends... merlin, I'm never able to do this. Weird, right? ," Chris just smiled amusedly before uncrossing his arms in front of his chest and shoving his hands in his pockets, walking next to Victoria in the direction of the kitchen.

"First of all, it is a tradition. And second, we are best friends no matter how much time I spend stalking you. ," the brown-haired boy explained, making hand gestures that made a giggle come from Victoria's mouth.

"So, as a tradition, you will be there at the tryouts? "

"Even if I want to see my prefect- Quidditch captain- pureblood Gryffindor- best friend commanding some people, I first have potions to do, as it is due tomorrow and second I have to meet with Ryder, for preparing our tryouts. ," he explained, wearing an almost sad smile, that even then stayed when Victoria smiled satisfied.