• Chapter XVII

Let's pretend we 
are still yesterday,

that we still have 

another day.

"Jacob, tell the children to stop flying around the house

"Jacob, tell the children to stop flying around the house. " a feminine was sounded in a living room, her voice worried, heard only by the person standing close to her. Her french accent seemed to get stronger with the bigger getting worry.

The man chuckled amused at his wife as he placed his two strong arms around her waist from behind her, now to watch the kids fly around the huge Christmas tree. The family already is gone, and the clock striking midnight, yet none of them made a move to get the kids into bed, enjoying the atmosphere.

"Let them. Kalina looks like she has fun. Just like Cayden. ," his eyes were just like the ones the blond girl held as she flew around, in the light of the fairy lights hanging around looking warmer than they looked in the past months. Both temporary flew near enough their parents that Jacob momentary placed his hands away from his wife to rather catch his two children in the air, one in each arm now. The children giggled, wiggling in the arms of their father.

"Papa, laisse-moi partir. (Papa, let go of me.) ," the oldest Atkinson child giggled out. Both kids managed to finally get themselves out of his arms, again flying carelessly around.

"Will you stop having the children speak French when I'm around? ," his arms again were around her waist, leaving the blond to chuckle. "You like it when I talk French and don't understand as much as now." He lightly nogged his head at her neck. "Yes because it is sexy. "

One of the children was flying on his new toy broom while the 6-year old girl flew behind him, acting as he flew way to fast for her. Their laughter was heard in the whole house, warming listeners hearts. The two parents only caught a glimpse of them from time as their living space was way too big to look over everything from one position, yet they remained near the tree.

"See, they're enjoying their presents. So at least they can start to play Quidditch. ," Alodie turned around in the arms of her husband, placing a hand on his cheek. He didn't lean into the touch but rather remained with his eyes focused on something further away, not, in particular, concentrating on it.

"Just because you now work in the Ministry doesn't mean that you have to stop playing Quidditch. You can still play it, maybe with the kids in the garden.," she said sincerely, looking worried at Jacob. She knew it wasn't his decision to stop playing Quidditch and to rather start working in the department of law enforcement.

" Not in the way that I want to.-And I have to focus on work. I've avoided the job for years now. My father is right, I have to take a serious job. " The french wasn't easy to fool herself, knowing fully well that the words he spoke out were from the endless discussions with his father.