• Chapter XVI

she smiles and the world loses balance 

the sun longs for her daydreams 

the moon longs for her heartbeats 

she is made of stars and she is more than enough

— k.m

December came faster than expected, filling the time from November with more homework you can do, temperatures making your blood freeze and enough things to occupy you that much, that it only seemed like a couple of days had passed, yet now it was...

December came faster than expected, filling the time from November with more homework you can do, temperatures making your blood freeze and enough things to occupy you that much, that it only seemed like a couple of days had passed, yet now it was the first Sunday of December, and with that Slughorns party. For that, the people invited still had time to get ready, preparing to look presentable to Slughorn and his other guest. And for that, Lily and Victoria counted as those, having that privilege to be surrounded by former students of the professors and students who are still in Hogwarts.

It wasn't Victoria's first invitation, neither would it probably be her last but the redhead considered her best friend had to attend those events before the blond, being a member of the club since her third year, yet having it already attended one of his party's in her second year. But still, the girls had some time, yet for nothing other than getting ready. Victoria wasn't one to need much time getting ready, probably knowing since a young age how to correctly apply eyeliner and lipstick. Netherless, as her best friend insisted on taking time while getting ready, the girl couldn't complain about face masks and girls talk.

And that's exactly how she found herself, a green face mask on her face and a redhead sitting opposite of her.

"Okay, explain to me again; why you didn't ask Remus to go with you? ," Victoria asked the girl almost whining while the muggle-born witch stopped from reading the witch weekly magazine in her hand.

"You know Slughorn asked us to not bring someone with us to the party as he wants to keep it 'exclusive'. We should mingle with the other guest rather than with our date!"

"Yes and because of that, he said we should look in a date, in other members of the slug club. And guess how is a member since the time I joined the club?"

Victoria wasn't easy to give up, neither would she be fooled by Lily that easily. She had wanted the redhead to invite Remus or the other way around . Lily face slowly started to get to the point where it was the same shade as her hair, leading her to hold the magazine so that her face was shielded from the now chuckling blond.

"I'm going with Severus. Besides, aren't you the one who now goes with Remus? ," she asked ironically, raising an eyebrow as she now felt that Victoria would drop the subject.

"As friends and only because  Slughorn insisted that we go with someone who attends. We both know he only asked me because you already asked Sev at that time. Why even? " The girl only shrugged as an answer, finding this a lot easier than justifying her fear of rejecetment.