• Chapter XXI

L'amour est tout ce qui augmente, élargit, enrichit nos vies. Après tous les hauts et les bas. L'amour est aussi simple qu'un véhicule. Seuls le guidon, les passagers et la route sont problématiques. 

The moment in which Victoria Atkinson would find herself on top of a hill, looking down at the people without a care in the world, made her question on what their position would be like

The moment in which Victoria Atkinson would find herself on top of a hill, looking down at the people without a care in the world, made her question on what their position would be like. But not only then, the constant 'what if' had always been there, in one way or another.

Often she would have to stop herself from getting further into this question. What if's where a possibility for a reason, and to not get lost in those, nodding and accepting the reality was the painful yet honest way of looking into the future. And even when not the future, the now.

And even if the moment she had only slightly allowed her heart to question it around her, the universe had an intention of once in a while doing that for her.

Therefore she had stopped her thoughts when she spotted a Hufflepuff making his way up to her, visibly riddled up. Only for a short moment did he seem surprised seeing her there, but he still sat down next to her on the bench.

There was a small moment of silence, which Victoria didn't attempt to fill, but the sixth year visibly had sorted his thoughts. 

"Liam and I had a fight. , "Chris started out of a sudden, having expected the bewildered yet deeply concerned expression the girl wore. He exhaled, before again having turned away to remain with his green eyes somewhere in the distance, just to not meet the pity in the girl's eyes as she knew how much the boy still affected Chris. "I was going over the strategies in the locker room as he came in to switch into his Quidditch things. And there was this awkward silence and - then we just talked, as if we were just to teammates. And it was like those times back then, before we started dating. I honestly haven't noticed how much I had missed that side of him during the end part of our relationship."

"So you talked?" the blond still looked worried at the boy having wondered on what was it with the fight as the pause he made, made her just worry more, the usual brightness in the auburn flecks in his eyes almost gone in thoughtfullness.