• Chapter XVIII

She was the calm, tranquil ocean... or at least on the surface. 

Below the surface, there was chaos and no one would ever know unless they decided to experience it under the silent waves.

— E.G. She was not a storm; she was a silent chaos.

People wandering around in Hogwarts weren't an unusual sight

People wandering around in Hogwarts weren't an unusual sight. It was probably the most normal thing - people getting from one place to another, sometimes in company, sometimes alone. It could be just walking around, clearing thoughts out or it could be with a purpose, having a clear destination in mind.

And that's exactly with what James Potter found himself, determinate on his way toward the clock tower, way more thankful for the Marauders' map than he had ever been, as the sight of the 6 letter name on the map had taken a lot of work from him. The clock tower wasn't a common place for people to be, one of the older features from Hogwarts.

James wasn't often seen without his friends, yet he could now be spotted alone, walking down the third-floor level, fidgeting slightly anxiously with his fingers. Entering it he was greeted with a large hall, with flights of wooden stairs at the right and left side. With slow and careful steps, he continued walking, slowly starting to see the pendulum of the Clock Tower.

Only when he arrived at the fourth floor did he was greeted with the sight of the transparent dial a couple of meters away, before that, the clock movements only allowing James to catch a glimpse of the person sitting partly against it, facing James and the clock movements sideways.

His presence hadn't been gone unnoticed from the moment he stepped onto the fourth floor, yet the student sitting there had waited for him to come, not seeing the use of standing up and helping much. And as the Gryffindor managed to walk through the space between the mechanisms, did he fully saw the Slytherin who's green and silver tie was loosened, the sleeves rolled up and the blond hair slightly messy. There were a couple of empty chocolate frog packages around him, and his wand lying a couple of meters away.

"I'm James." He didn't come up with something other than that and was a little thrown over when he spoke up, at first not looking up from the book he held. "I know your name. I read some of the letters and poems you send my sister. - You know if you want to hex me again, please let me finish that chapter. It's for transfiguration and I have to hand in my essay tomorrow." His voice didn't let any emotions conclude from that, his expression interested from probably the book in his hands, yet the sarcasm was more than clear.

Potters ears started to turn red, him clearing his throat slightly before speaking, "No-No. I'm actually here to apologize for what happened. " How sincerely the boy spoke made Cayden close his book, looking at James in the eyes. The older boy noticed how his expression wasn't anything near angry, and how his eyes were so different from his sisters.