• Chapter XXVIII

and that was the thing about her, 

she kept on surviving.

with bullet holes in her lungs, and knife marks etched in her back. 

she never let anything get in her way, resilient. 

a  fighter, not by choice - but a warrior at heart.

k.azizian

"And so

"And so...that...concludes...the various...uses...of...phoenix tears."

James Potter mumbled the words ever so slowly, the feather dancing in slower getting motions over the piece of parchment like it had done for the past hour or two. His hair was even messier than usual, rising to an even higher level of volume, as it got warmer and warmer under the cloak of Invisibility. He bit his lip as the paragraph came to an end, his steps getting a little slower as now his eyes danced over the words. The light spends from the wand he held parallel in his hand flickered slightly shut, before illuminating the space again.

He always had a bad habit of doing his homework while walking. In his opinion, it helped to get things done faster, the clear and focus mind habitually coming then from being in motion like he would be when he trained. And as it would usually result in finishing faster, it resulted in more free time, and the time away from homework was much needed by him at that moment, tiredness getting the best parts of him.

The clock had already struck past two in the morning, and because Remus had strictly announced against copying his homework the hundredth time last minute, James found himself walking down the halls of Hogwarts, the velvet colored cloak, spending him security from the caretaker and his cat.

Herbology was already packed in his pocket, potions leaving another 3 paragraphs before he could return to his dorm.

The castle was as empty as it could have been, not one soul wandering around besides himself. Even the ghosts had rested down somewhere else. His hand was again to move the feather down towards the parchment when a sound filled the air.

It couldn't...

His belongings touched the ground in the quietest sound possible, the coat laid down next to them. It didn't matter now if someone would then see him, his feet already had a mind of their own as they moved towards the door on the other end of the hall, just because the possibility was there. And while every thought in his mind screamed that he couldn't be that lucky - there she was.

The music wasn't like the last time. It was a fast, steady rhythm, the piano not in sight, and with that an obvious question on where the sound of violin came from. The room seemed different too. While it was the same, it seemed more like a prison than a cloud, but the intimidating and stern atmosphere could come from the girl in the middle of the room.