• Chapter XXXIV

The universe

Holds many

Secrets

but some people's eyes

Hold so much more.

"POTTER! BLACK!" McGonagall's voice easily boomed over the explosion

"POTTER! BLACK!" McGonagall's voice easily boomed over the explosion. "WILL YOU-"

Boom.

Before the women could yell anymore, another cloud of red emerged from the great hall and into the hallway Hundert of students had gathered. Red dust rained down onto them and then decorated most of the students. Some visibly annoyed, with glares into the direction of wild laughter, and muttered curses, while most seemed rather amused at the picture in front of them. Especially when the two mischievous boys emerged from the great hall. Fully covered in the red substance, two of the marauders dashed into their sight from out of the hall, the ongoing sound of explosions sounding behind their mad laughter.

The two came to a sudden stop when noticing the crowd that gathered, and with even pride grins, they bowed to them. And even those who had been annoyed previous moments clapped slowly next to the euphoric rest of people.

Victoria, obvious to what was happening had hurried towards the great hall, alongside Remus as they had heard the loud noises. What first came into their vision was a crowd of people towered by a mist of red. And of course, in the center of it all, Sirius Black and James Potter.

"Potter! ," Victoria yelled at the same moment another bang was heard and the next wave of smoke came out of the hall. Well, now the accident on the train made sense.

James' head whipped around at the sudden voice coming from his right sight, and instead of the mad grin he had worn seconds ago, his face could only be described as euphoric at that moment. "Love!" Her face, by now, matched the mane of fiery hair her friend had, and certainly the fire in her eyes with which she glared at him. It wasn't her who would clean up the mess, but it was Flitwick. The same one who she was meeting later for her protocol on patrol incidents. The same one who seemed to love let all anger and frustration out on prefects.

"What the fuck?"

He looked at her, an even brighter grin on his face. "What to fuck? Well, hopefully, me!" Even when it was nothing new, seeing these two interact like that with one another, most students still seemed to find joy in that. Some for the romance part, some for the drama, but eventually all for the 'what happens next'.

Remus from next to her sighted, running his hand over his face, "You know, seeing as I'm a prefect I'll have to report this to McGonagall." He seemed even more exhausted than during the prefect meeting. There he was already pale, then, along with the headache, he stood in front of Sirius and James in a matter that reminded them why they did that prank. It took attention to it.