• Chapter XIV

"Like a wildflower; 

she spent her days, allowing herself to grow, 

not many knew of her struggle, but eventually all; knew of her light."

Arithmancy, the last class of the day and exactly where Victoria found herself in

Arithmancy, the last class of the day and exactly where Victoria found herself in. The final minutes were about to pass and as the teacher already finished with today's lesson, the last minutes, students surprisingly had the permission to talk in quiet while he corrected the assignment they had to hand in due today. And while Victoria animated held a conversation with Dorcas, James had his gaze on her while talking to Sirius.

"Why does she tries to make me jealous? I'm already jealous of anyone who can see her naked, and she can do that all the time. " The grumpy expression his friend wore, made it only harder for Sirius to hold back his amused chuckle as his friend kept his gaze fixed on the girl, sitting a couple of rows in the front, listening intensely to whatever Dorcas was saying.

Pushing his hair back, he turned to his hopeless friend, trying to form words of encouragement with a hint of mocking. " Come on, mate. You can't seriously think she only dates Riviere to make you jealous. Since their date 2 weeks ago, they were more private. " With his ego slightly deflated, James shrugged childishly again, having his gaze focused on the blond. 

"I chased her for years and then this twat comes and steals her from me." He didn't say that to anyone in particular, leaving a short pause in their talk before he spoke up again, this time seming a lot more vulnerable.

"So they officially date now?" His question wasn't only directed to Sirius, but rather to all of the marauders, the other two occupying the seats in front of them. While Peter had listened to Sirus and James the whole time, Remus only then turned around, having then finished his homework, even it was only due next week.

"Asked her after a prefect meeting he had picked her up from. Caught a glimpse of their conversation. ," Remus explained to his friend, remembering his friends' happy reaction on the boy who had waited for her outside. Yet in the glimpse, he had caught while walking around the courtyard was just the moment Ethan asked her the question.

"Maybe you can break them up before they make their public outing as a couple. ," Sirius said, patting his friend whos sorrow was writen in bold letters all over his face.

•••

"How could it be that McGonnagle gives us that much homework? I think my lack of sleep isn't really the best thing before NEWTS, even if I still got a year. "

"Maybe we should search for someone for Minni. Then she would occupy herself more with him, rather than planning our homework and our little sixth-year badger would be happy again. "