• Chapter XXVI

L'amour est l'emblème de l'éternité, il confond toute la notion de temps, efface toute la mémoire d'un commencement, toute la crainte d'une extrémité. 

- Madame de Staël

*trigger warning: mild abuse and cursing (I think

*trigger warning: mild abuse and cursing (I think...some more than usual...)*

It was one of those nights where she longed for her mothers comforting warmth. The nightmare had been horrible, past memories turned to the even worse, just to reflect in front of her eyes. And maybe it was the motherly institution, in a scene where she would follow her husbands' philosophy and make her go through it alone.

But the woman found herself in front of the door leading to the room of the girl who had let out a terrified scream as she was ripped out of her dream. Her husband, occupied in his studies, hadn't been her concern then. The knock was soft, but not overheard by the girl whose eyes glimmered hopefully as she spotted her mother.

Maybe for once being rescued by the monsters, she couldn't deflect with a spell. The girl didn't dare to say anything other than a soft 'Maman' as if the slightest volume would make the woman fade away and her weak up, for real then, just to be left alone with the returning longing for then would have been a dream.

But Alodie wasn't a trick, played by a desiring heart and a sleeping mind. She crossed the space between them, having softly sat down at the corner of her bed. Victoria didn't need to pure out her mind at that moment. The girl was painfully used to keeping to herself. But she needed then the comforting smile the woman send her daughter.

"You know - My mama always said that bad dreams only happen to people who are too brave in the light.," she started, her delicate hands stroking over her daughers blond hair, "That they are too strong and even then, when the bad dreams are there to make them equal to normal - yes fearful people- that after waking up from a bad one,they had fought their way through. They are the ones who will roar before the dawn."

The words spoke comfort to her that would take deeper trace then she could imagine, and for her in that night unknown, it would be the last nightmare for a while, that would feel for her like a free eternity, cause then the words of her mother would echo through her brain.

Encouraging thoughts, her mother had said, would be the ones forming her for that aspect brave enough to make those dreams come to an end. But not only to times of the day when the thought of her being brave enough to continue, wouldn't be the only thing she would hold onto.

"Here, " the woman sated in her thick French accent, handing over the bundle of grey fabric the girl hadn't noticed. Unfolding it, she was greeted with a magpie, being displayed on the hoodie. "It is the one I meet your father in. I kept for years dear to heart, just like you will keep your courage dear to heart. "