• Chapter XXXVI

You know you're in love

when only their name makes your heart skip a beat

The next full moon, there wasn't a mandrake in Victoria's mouth

The next full moon, there wasn't a mandrake in Victoria's mouth. The nights had passed without the biter taste it would leave behind. It may have been sleepless, but not from the task she decided against. She didn't become an Animagus. It was still a task she would have to do eventually, seeing as the words already appeared in her grandparent's vision. The blond would become one eventually when she would dare to do such a risky project, but for then, she settled for the basket in her hand.

Dawn invaded the sky behind her as she walked up to the rocky path, silently listening to the movement of stones under her feet. It was a time when no one would be caught awake, not even the earliest of birds you would usually find filling the air with their melody. The sun rose and that is what Victoria waited for;  the last hours she had spent with a blanket around herself leaning against the tree who offered a perfect vision to the forbidden forest and a perfect place to stay hidden by unwanted eyes. But now she wasn't there at the tree, she was walking up the path towards the shrieking shack. For everyone else, there were no sounds coming from the old house, but for the girl who put every bit of concentration on the slightest of thing around her, she felt like she felt the quiet groans and exhausted breaths.

They didn't know that she would come. In the dawn of day, when an exhausted night laid behind them, they surely didn't expect the girl, with perfectly braided golden hair, in a dark blue dress and a basket resting in the crook of her arm. The four boys had just turned back, the different colored eyes regarding her from the various corners of the room, where they were settled. Peter and Remus sat near the old piano, the later one sitting on the bench of it, loosely listening to the slightest of groans Peter let out from the soreness of his muscles. James and Sirius, on the other hand, seemed to have just finished on putting on fresh clothes. With arms half-tucked in, hair in an even bigger mess, and faces pulled in grimaces from the exhaustance deep in their bones, they regarded the girl with wide eyes.

"Victoria," Sirius stepped forward, tilting his head slightly to the side, reminding of the animal he had been only minutes ago. ", what are you-"

"I'm not becoming an animagus. , "she cut him off, acting as if she didn't catch the visible relieve washing over his best friend, " But full-moon is over and there is nothing that you tosser can do to stop me from coming here to this time." They couldn't argue with that. Full-moon was over, and the hidden side of Remus had long disappeared in the last seconds the moon hovered above them.

Without waiting for any reaction, Victoria placed the basket, that was actually Lily's, down onto the floor, and started to roam around it. When pulling out the items she had spent a week carefully planned out, the pureblood was forever grateful for the decision of taking her best friend's basked. Every other bag she would have used wouldn't be enough, and the extension charm was performed more perfect than she would ever be able to. She worked fast, avoiding every gaze searching for her, and spared herself any words that she maybe wanted to let fall from her lips.