• Chapter XXXVI

a thirst for the unknown

she finds familiarity in it

she seeks the world to find her place

being lost is her home

 It had been a Tuesday afternoon when Victoria Atkinson ran through the halls of Hogwarts

 It had been a Tuesday afternoon when Victoria Atkinson ran through the halls of Hogwarts. Her bookbag levitating behind her, the girl clung onto the wand with the hand that wasn't half-hidden in the sling her left arm was in. It was still a little strange for her to have to wear that, but it was only 1 more days till the potion Cayden brew would be finished and another one till it fully worked its magic, and her bone is back to normal. She had told him that she fell off her broom, and due to her history with injuries coming from that sport, he quickly dismissed it.

The claw marks on her shoulder and stomach were something else. A part of them had already healed to the time she exited the shrieking shack again, the potion James had applied to her wounds working miracles. But due to his dramatic exit, she was left with the majority still there. Sirius had taken it upon himself to heal them, but his hands were shaking and even with Peter assisting him it didn't come out the best. The boy was quick to grow uncertain about his work, but even when it wasn't fully the truth, the girl secured him that he did it just perfect. They had gone through enough that night, there was no need to fuss about a handful of new scars on her body.

But now, the girl was running over Hogwarts grounds, and towards the black lake. The sky matched the mood of most Hogwarts students perfectly - grey, and dull. It was that time when school year only had started a couple of weeks ago, yet there was already no motivation or energy left. The girl felt the same, but when people spotted her in her hurry, she was spotted with the widest smile on her face.

Common rooms, the library, and the study room were full of students, which left outside to be as empty as any common room in summer. The only place outside where even the smallest group of people where was the courtyard, a place where they could at least hide when the upcoming rain would decide to run down onto them.

Yet there, surrounded by green, were the marauders, laying under a tree, decorated with a mosaic of green, yellow, and orange. And they looked all equally as bewildered when they spotted a madness of a smile on the face of Victoria. There was still no energy from what happened only a week ago in them, yet there was Victoria, a ball of energy running towards them.

Sirius and Peter sat on a stone near the tree, watching the jumping frogs that held the good mood that they were missing. They were the ones that had checked on Victoria more than they had to. Peter would bring her cookies from his mother's baker, after visiting her once in the morning and once in the afternoon. He would ask her how she was doing whenever he would spot her in the halls or at dinner. Sirius, on the other hand, wouldn't want to let her alone. Whenever it was after class, before breakfast, or even after curfew just in the common room, the boy didn't want to leave her side. Barely even talked , 'how are you feeling' and 'I'm okay' enough as if it was enough for Sirius to just know that she was okay.