Chapter 5

Amal :

Shaking with cold, I walked inside the main hall seeing it empty and brightly lit.Gulshan, one of the maid, made her way to me her eyes filling with sympathy as she handed me a towel.Drying myself up with it I handed it back to her whispering a soft thank you.

"Madam, wait here.I'll bring some warm milk for you."She didn't even listen to me as she hurried back to the kitchen.

My clothes weren't dry and it bothered me a little.In my little worry I completely forget to look at the figure that loomed around me.

"Your back, beautiful."Jalal's mocking tone made me turn to him.He was standing there by the drawing room doors, a glass in his hand filled with alcohol.Taking a sip from the drink he casually walked to me, his eyes assessing me.

"How did you come home?"His voice had changed to cold as he questioned.

"I..I got a ride from a f..family"I lied knowing that the truth would lead me to utmost danger.

"Hm.."He hummed silently,

"Your beauty makes you look pathetic."He added.Crunching the little remnants of my soul that were left,walking back inside the door he had come from.

I was only left with utter disappointment, but not from Jalal's side but from mine.I closed my eyes feeling all energy drain from my body.Taking the support of the couch I leaned a little against it but startled a second later when the man stalked towards me.Fear gripped me, clawing at my skin seeing the one person I didn't ever want to see.

He was one of Jalal's friend and he did't leave any opportunity to get close to me oblivious of Jalal.He was married and had children, just as powerful as Jalal and was well known around the town.His stare made me loathe him more but fear him at the same time.

"Hey there,Amal."He said standing very close to me.All breath left my body as he leaned in a little more.

My face wasn't covered and I felt his eyes scan my features.I moved a little away from him seeing him take a step forward.

"You don't like my company Amal..Hm"He said his scrutinizing gaze burning me.Tears brimmed my eyes and I prayed for Gulshan to come faster.

What made her take so long.

"I.. I have to go.."I said stammering, my intention to run away.Turning around I took quick steps to the spiral stairs.A hand pulled at my hand as a yelp ripped from my mouth.

"Shsh.."The man placed a hand on my mouth stopping any further voice to leave from it.His hand gripped my arm tightly as he laughed sinisterly.

"Oh .. poor Amal.You think your drunk husband will listen to you."He tsk-ed.Tears flowed down my eyes as I wiggled in the strong man's grip.My pleads getting muffled against his hand.

He shook me so hard that I nearly lost balance but my arm went free from his death grip.

"Leave me.."I yelled over my lungs but he didn't seem to pay heed as he leaned in, his face inches away from my cheeks.

"Oh.do you think I'll will leave this opportunity."I pushed against his chest wanting to create distance.His mouth oozing with the awful smell of alcohol.

He placed his hands on my shoulder, sliding his hand down my arms making me freeze on my spot.My struggle stopped at my mind numbed.Only tears left my eyes as the cruel man gripped onto my arms again.

"Why do you try so much?Your husband does not want you?I have everything same as he has but not you Amal.I don't have you.."He whispered disgustingly making me yell loudly.

The guards from outside hurried inside, taking in the unravelling scene.The man immediately left me, backing away seeming the bulky man glare at him.He silently walked past them and out of the mansion.

"Madam,are you okay?"One of the guard asks making me give him a nod.Running up the spiral stairs I locked the door to my bedroom knowing that Jalal would be with his friends drinking all night.Walking into the shower despite the cold I felt, I sobbed feeling weak and dirty.The man's hand still loomed over my skin as I rubbed it until I no longer could feel the scratching.I cried and sobbed until I dried all my tears .

***

"Here.."Placing a tablet on my hand,Marwa handed me a glass of water.I gulped the medicine down my throat giving the glass back to her.My lids felt so heavy that I could barely keep them open.The pain in my head only worsening my condition.

"Amal.. you should have not taken a shower after standing in the rain for so long."Marwa's soft voice reached my ears as I peeked at her from under my lashes.

I couldn't tell her that why it was so important to take a shower.I looked away from her expectant eyes that assessed all of me.

"Okay..Okay..Rest now, sleep peacefully.I hope your fever gets better till morning."She whispered softly.Kissing my burning forehead she walked away switching off the lights and closing the door behind her.

I lie in my bed as tears once again fill my eyes when my mind relives all the recent events.Getting up from the bed I walked to my bedroom and lock it not wanting Jalal to stumble at any time of the night.

The rain from outside had stopped pouring making me feel lonelier.Getting under the covers, I curl my body into a ball.Although I could feel my bones pain due to the burning fever yet I stay in that position trying to collect myself together.Trying to keep myself close.

My tears are unstoppable as my tears drip down my eyes.Feeling restless I start making dua to the One Who Always Listens.

I cry that night and ask for peace from Allah , talking to Him about everything.Sharing everything with Him..

***

Arsalan :

Her eyes, I couldn't forget about them.How they were filled with despair and pain.Pain.Who could cause her pain,my mind questions me.

I felt restless as I turned and tossed in my bed.The bruise on her face made me more restless.Was she not happy?Was she in pain?Was someone bothering her?

Thousands of bad ideas cross my mind and I neglect all of them.Praying that she stays safe and healthy.

In all problems I had completely forgotten that how much she had changed.How more beautiful she had become.Despite the bruise she still looked the most beautiful girl to me.Her large eyes that didn't stop shedding tears but still were the unique beautiful grey that I had seen in my life before hers.Her long lashes only added to the grey orbs beauty.

She was a diamond.A precious one.

The more I thought about her,I felt myself more tangled, questioning myself.I had seen her after four years for the second time in my life yet I still felt loosing myself to her.

It wasn't that I loved her.I just cared for her.Yes care was it.

Really care for her, my mind mocked me but I ignored it.

I needed to see her again.I needed to know if she was okay.

She has to be okay

***

How was the chapter ..??

I know that we're moving a little slow and that all we get this beating and tears and sobbing.. But I want to feel everything with Amal, I want it to be like this , I want to show how she feels .. :(

Really hoping you like the book ..

Don't forget to ,
>Vote
>Comment
>Share
>Follow

Until Next Time

_Hafsa