Chapter 14

Arsalan

"Arsalan, go give your measurements, the tailor is here."Ammi said as I slumped down on the sofa besides her.

I nodded silently as Zarah offered me a glass of water.Gulping down the liquid, I noticed the women work their way on the red dupatta, sewing the tiny beads on it.Aunty Neelum seemed to know it well as her hands didn't stop for once even when she wasn't looking down at the dupatta.Ammi too was an expert because on Hira and Asiya's wedding she had done half of the embroidery herself.

I got up to give my measurement to the tailor but first I asked Zarah,

"Where is Shahwar?"

"Aunty Meena and Ahya have taken her for shoe shopping."She informed.

I nodded making my way to the front room knowing that the tailor was there.

The room was scattered with all types of fashion magazines for gents as Salah rolled through the pages looking very uninterested.I fell down on the seat besides Salah as he glanced at me.He showed me a black sherwani raising his eyebrows at me.

"Ain't it too simple for a groom?"I asked.

"Its for you and Imraan, stupid."He whispered back.I hummed as Uncle Yousuf came besides us.

"I am done, go Arsalan, your turn now."He said looking down at me.I glanced at the man behind him with a measurement tape in his hands.

Great.Just Great.

Getting over with the measurements and colour selection, I pulled out my phone to check the emails as I climbed up the stairs.

"Laala..."A voice screamed from behind me making me stop in my steps, the emails long forgotten.

Bilal-

I turned around carefully seeing the joyous three-year old boy run towards me.A grin stretched my lips as I too half ran towards him, swinging him in my arms.A toothy giggle escaped the little boy's lips as he tightened his hold around my neck.

I kissed his chubby pink cheeks as he jumped in my embrace.

"Laala.."He kept saying, excited to see me as much as I was to see him.I tickled his tummy as he giggle, his cheeks reddening more.

Making my way to the main hall, I heard the buzzing of noises and laughter from there.My tired eyes widened to see my two sisters with their families laugh and greet everyone.

Asiya was the first to notice me as she moved away from Ammi's embrace.

"Arsalan-"She said making her way towards me.With Bilal still in my arms, I side hugged my sisters kissing her head as she asked,

"How are you?"

"I am good what about you?"I asked her as her girls made their way grinning towards me.

"Laala"They greeted in unison as I passed Bilal to his Khala, ruffling Samara and Amara's hair as they giggled kissing my cheeks.

"How are my princessess?"I asked hugging them tightly.

"Fine."Samara, the eldest said as they dragged me to everyone else.Iqbal bhai hugged me tightly and so did Shahaab bhai.Although they were the son-in-laws of this house but they always proved themselves to be the real sons of this house.Hira was next in line as she hit my shoulder making embracing me,

"You never get time for your sister, huh?"She said clearly annoyed that I haven't talked to her in four days.

Soon everyone was gathered around the hall as we chatted and laughed.Aunty Meena and Shahwar had also come back from their shopping spree and joined us.Talia mingled easily among the new family members.The children ran around the house playing and enjoying chocolates from Ahya.