Chapter 17

It started with a soft buzz as my phone vibrated.Unlocking the screen my eyes scanned the message,

Coming down in a minute~Sofia

My impatient fingers tapped the dash board as I waited for her.

It was very early in the morning.The dawn just broke and only the oranges and yellows of the sun were visible.The rays were yet to come as they peeked at us from behind the mountains.The green leaves and plants still glistened with dew drops of last night as they shined against the illuminating light.

The birds just awakened as they sang merry tunes around the city.

A perfect day.

Sofia had insisted that I show her around the city as she had never seen Abbottabad closely and moreover no one had time for her to take her to a tour since she came back from Canada.So being polite to her, I said yes because she would only argue and fight and at last say something provoking that would lead to more frustrating arguments.I wasn't even happy with our last fight and her threatening but each time I forgave her.Because I had to.

We planned to spend the day by visiting all the beautiful places.I had already informed Ammi and after praying Fajr here I was, waiting for the infamous woman who was apparently getting dressed.

Opening the door of the escalade, I slid out, taking in the neighbourhood.

The sound of clicking heels had me turning around to look at the woman who hurried to the car.Dressed in a blue shalwar kameez, her hair were in a bun with minimal makeup on her face.She waved at me making me raise my eyebrows at her,

"Are you seriously wearing those?"Pointing towards her high heels I asked.

She scrunched her perfect eyebrows looking down at her feet.Confusion filling her face.

"Why?"She asked.

"You'll have to walk a lot.And I mean it a lot.Climbing hills and walking on stones and rocks."I emphasised trying to explain my point.

Her head nodded as if understanding before she kept her handbag on the bonnet, turning around.Along with the picnic basket, she insisted to bring along.

"Coming in a minute."And then she was walking back to her house.

I huffed out.Her 'one minute' was equal to twenty minutes.Minutes later she came back in brown pumps, smiling ear to ear,

"Better?"She grinned and I only nodded.Walking to the car door.

"And are you seriously wearing that?"She pointed to my clothes, taking her handbag off the bonnet.

"Yeah, what's bad in them?"I asked looking down at my attire that was white crisp shalwar kameez with a black waistcoat that fit perfectly against my chest.

"I was asking only because, you look so handsome to be true."She stated looking down shyly.

Bring the engine to life, I sped off once the woman was settled.The greenery passed us and we drove along the mountains.The green fields passing in a blur with the mountains.The sun was visible now as it glowed all the things on ground.

The pine trees along with the rich fir trees were lined all around the side of the roads.The old and ancient trees stood around against the mountains covering them randomly.The hills were covered in all green grass that looked bright and fresh.The mountains were carved after years of hard-work of men and were able to bear the small roads or dusty paths that were used by many to go up to the houses that were build at the top of the mountains.