Chapter 29

Hi Everyone !!

A nice update for you all.. :)

Enjoy and please be patient, I know the story is a little slow but there are some things that need time before they proceed.Soon you'll see Arsalan's and Amal's new side as they get closer .. :)

***

Amal

Last night something had changed.I felt at peace.There wasn't a big boulder on my shoulders this time.I was at ease.Almost as if the man had erased all the fear.And I wanted to believe him, desperately wanted to believe him.But something held me back.A barrier.A wall.Making me shut myself in my safe cocoon for the millionth time.

But I felt safe.

A groan sounded in the large room making my eyes snap to the figure on the bed.Biting my lower lip, I mentally contemplated whether to wake the man up or not.Pulling the dupatta over my head, I got up from the window seat.My feet dragging me to the man's side.

Another hiss escaped the man's lips making me take another step forward.My hand reached forward to shake him a bit but too afraid of his reaction, I withdrew it back.

My grey eyes glanced up at the clock seeing it past eleven in the morning.He would usually be at work at this time but oddly today he was home and sleeping in.

He turned in his sleep making me almost swallow my gasp.As he lay on his back, I looked down to his restless face.His forehead wrinkled in lines as he frowned unpleasantly.

Gaining the courage, I kept my hand softly on his forehead, feeling the skin burn under my hand.A soft sigh sounded in the room, as the man's face visibly relaxed.

Drawing my hand back, I looked worriedly at him, as he burned in high fever.Gulping down my dry throat, I shook his shoulder gently,

"Wake up-"I said gaining no response from him.

He stirred making me step back.

His eyes opened as he glanced up at me with his charcoal eyes.I tried to form any word or sentence but nothing came out making me clamp it shut.The man in pain, kept a hand on his forehead as he rubbed it.

"Please get up, I'll get you breakfast and medicine."I said softly.He nodded before sitting up in bed.Taking that as a que, I walked out from the room.Going in the kitchen, I made breakfast for him and searched for the painkiller.

Keeping everything on the tray, I walked back only to see him still on bed, again sleeping.

Placing the tray on the bedside table.I kept my hand on his burning forehead.Pressing my fingers gently on his skin, I massaged it gently trying to soothe the pain.

He turned on the other side making enough room for me to sit.A small smile grazed my lips.

Even in his sleep, he knows how to care about others.

Massaging his head, my fingers gently slid in his soft dark strands.Brushing his hair back from his forehead.I gazed at his features.His sharp jaw that was covered in a little stubble adding more to his manly features.His long curled lashes that lay on his cheekbones.He had a straight sharp nose that a little crooked.His thick eyebrows.His lips that were in a thin line.

Without a doubt, the man was handsome.He could have anyone, anything.But pity that he was stuck with me.Even in his sleep he looked intimidating.He had an aura, it was hard not to notice his presence.