Chapter 48

Hey lovelies !!
Hold your hearts and just sway to the music ;)

Enjoy!!

***

Amal

The days passed one by one.The dates changing, each one bringing their own stories but the man remained oblivious to it.His work became everything for him since the past week.It seemed as if he didn't get time to work all of it in the office and so he bought more work home too.

It wasn't that I said anything but since the past week he was actually proving himself to be workaholic.The extinct was that when I would wake up in the morning he would be rushing out of the house, and I would have to wait till nine in the night till he was back.After dinner, his office would be his palace as he would drown himself in work.

It was only last night that we watched a program on television together.It was a documentary of the tourism spots in the northern areas of Pakistan.My eyes had teared up and Arsalan had turned to me.His face had turning into a frown,

"Why are you crying?"He had asked making me sniff.

"I miss home."I had said missing everything of my home town.

"Oh Amal."He had huffed.

The sound echoed across the silent apartment as I placed the plate angrily in the cabinet.My eyes moving to glance at the clock.

10:30 Pm

He was still not home although it was Saturday.Feeling dejected, I placed the dinner in the fridge.Fine, two can play the same game.A voice in my head kept telling me to call him but the very angry side of me throw the other idea out of the window.

Sitting on the dining table chairs, I wondered over how the weather had changed this week.It hadn't rained or snowed and tonight the weather was very moderate.

The main door opened in a hurry and I averted my gaze immediately.Knowing well who it was, I stood up to go inside the bedroom.But before I could even take a second step a hand caught my arm.

" I am sorry."A deep voice whispered near my ear.A flutter to my heart before my heart beats were racing.I turned around coming face to face with my husband.His tall figure towering over me.His face apologetic as he smiled sheepishly.

His simple words and his attitude that he knew I was angry was enough for me to smile at him.

"Din-"My words died as he placed his hand on my lips.

" Not now.Come with me."He said taking my hand in his.

" Wait, my clothes-"I trialed off as we walked to the door.

" Oh, you look great."He said looking over at me.

Stepping out of the elevator, the man pulled me to the back of the building as I frowned.

The car was always parked at the front.

" I have a surprise for you."Arsalan said as if answering all the questions in my head.