Chapter 22

Amal

Everything had seemed to stop with time.My vision blurring as salty tears filled my eyes.Although my words had died down yet they seemed to echo across the room again and again.

My eyes remained on the man's as time seemed to pass in slow seconds.His jaw ticked and anger flashed through his face.His charcoal eyes bored holes into me.I clasped my hands together and gulped.Narrowing his eyes at me, he tilted his head to the side.

A loud gasp ripped from my mouth as he marched towards me.Pressing my back against the cold wall behind me, I tried to dissolve my self against the bricks.It felt as if something had possessed the man as he moved like a man on mission.

Tears freely flowed down my face as I thought for a way to escape.His tall figure stopped three feet away from me making me gulped down my throat.His manly cologne invaded around me, wafting past my nostrils, making me take slow shaky breaths.

He was invading all of my space.

His eyes reflected anger and another emotion, I couldn't decipher.I casted my eyes downwards, digging my nails in my palm.

Ya ALLAH !!

His voice was hard as he said out,

"Itsn't that stomach a little too flat for a baby, sweetheart."I gasped.

My eyes snapped to his, pulling my black dupatta down properly.A smirk covered his lips as he rose a perfect eyebrow my way.

I shuddered involuntarily, horrified that he knew I was lying.I breathed heavily knowing that the anger hadn't faded away.Stuffing his hands in his pocket he took a step back shaking his head.

Glancing down at the floor, I turned my face away from him.Silently crying.

"I'll come after a week and take you with me as my wife."I looked up at him sadly.He had masked away everything from his face as he stared at me emotionless now.

Those being the last words he stormed put of the room like a storm, leaving a havoc behind him.I slid down on the floor, crying.Cupping my mouth, I tried to stop the bubbling noises in my mouth that protested to be set free.

Pain seared through my body, my mind mocking me of marriage.Hadn't I had enough from my first experience that Aunty wanted me to settle down again.

The man already made fear to creep deep in my bones then how could I live with him.Even if I marry him, Jalal Khan would still hunt me down and kill me.He would take my life for re-marrying.

I sobbed out loud, not able to contain the pain that tightened my chest.Standing up on my shaky legs I made my way to the closed bedroom door, I locked it.Aunty would already know that I'd be crying so she'll give me time and not interrupt till I let her in.Pushing my way to the bed, I get under the covers.

Burying my face in the pillow, I cried.

I cried the next day.

And I cried the next day.

After my two days of crying, aunty pulled me out of the room and made me eat food.Respecting her request, I take a few bites before I got up to pray.

Late in the afternoon, I sat besides the window staring at the flower pot I had kept a few days ago.Lined against the window sill, it absorbed the sunlight.A newly bloomed flower had taken the place of the once withered one making me frown.

Biting at my lower lip, I thought.Although the rose had died but still a new one bloomed.My hope had died down seeing that rose but now a spark shined within my being.