Chapter 24

My eyelashes were so heavy being devoid of any makeup, I couldn't look up from the tiled floor.Blood was pumping through my veins causing my heart to run erratically.My head was pounding as new voices filled my ears.The men were settled now from across me, I could feel that.

But what I could hear and see more were them.

Jalal Khan's friend were mocking me.

They were laughing at me.

Jalal Khan was drunk high, as he staggered towards me.

His posture was wobbly and a sick sinister smirk decorated his lips.

"Beautiful."

His words echoed all around me.

"Amal Dawood daughter of late Dawood Maqsood, do you accept Arsalan Khan son of Junaid Khan in your nikah-"

"Oh beautiful, my beautiful."

My dry lips were sealed.He was standing before me.Just before me.My breaths weren't normal by now.I was breathless.

"Amal.."My hand was nudged.

Taking my hand in his, he dig his nails in my palm.I was weak, I couldn't move away.

"Amal Dawood daughter of late Dawood Maqsood, do you accept Arsalan Khan son of Junaid Khan in your nikah-"

Aunty's voice seemed too distant, I couldn't even reach her.She was being pulled far away from me.I couldn't reach her.

"Amal-"

My shoulders were shaken, making me slump back against the cushions pressed behind my back.My eyes collided with the charcoal ones that burned me down to ashes.My hand was in his, the soft contact making me wince internally.The veil between us didn't hide the concern written on his face, making me look away from him.I gulped seeing the old man look shocked at me, Sikander bhai too was worried as he handed me a glass of water.

***

Arsalan

"Can't believe I'll be attending a muslim wedding today.Finally!"The man sighed heavily from besides me making me bite back a chuckle.

The fingers fondled with the black kurta's button.I couldn't explain what I was feeling.Nervousness was coursing through my body.Hell I didn't even know if I was doing the right thing or not but I had asked ALLAH for His guidance.

My eyes darted back to the crowded hall of the mosque seeing the sea of men rush around.A grand nikah of a couple was taking place very traditionally so all of the family was gathered.The qazi was also a little busy as I waited patiently against the white pillar.

It had been almost good fifteen minutes when the old man dressed in all white walked towards me and Bashar.

"I am sorry, I was a little busy."He looked back at the crowd before passing me a gentle smile.

"I understand.Its okay."I replied.

"Um..I am afraid that- we would have to do the Nikah in the female room because here in the rush-it would distract all of us."He stated and just then Sikander walked to us.

Telling him about the arrangement, he went in to inform his mother.As we walked to the door, Bashar nudged me in the ribs.

"God, I am so nervous."I narrowed by eyes at him.