Chapter 26

Assalam O Alaikum..

How are you liking the story plot till now ??
And also aside from the story I needed some suggestion, so here you go ,

Microbiology or Psychology ??
If someone can help then please do ..

Also Enjoy the chappie ;)

***

Amal

Sometimes I wondered if only women got to be so helpless.If only women got to be the inferior.If only women got to be weak.But I knew it was wrong.I was wrong wondering this.There might be some point in everyone's life that might darken their world.But my entire universe had turned dark.Black it was and so was my heart.

It was a relief that Aunty hadn't told the man about my past life.I didn't wanted to open the pages of my past yet and definitely not to someone else.There was a deep pain within me that he didn't know anything of me but then again I didn't trust anyone.Not even myself.It was true, I didn't trust myself.How could I, when I was a bag full of darkness caged with insecurities.Although he was my husband and should know but what if he only took advantage of that and broke me again and again like Jalal Khan had done.

Jalal khan must be very proud of what he had done to be, very proud of how he had sculptured me.I thought bitterly swallowing the pain down my throat.

Sighing sorrowfully, my mind wondered again to something I shouldn't regret so ungratefully.Why did Aunty destroy another life? Just why?

No one could live happily with me.This couldn't be expected from me.I was too useless to do anything about this matter.My life was now involved with someone's who might never have seen a woman get beaten, bruised, whipped, strangled.My life was very different.

Two days had passed peacefully but that didn't mean the coming days will pass with the sun shining.This house felt more comfortable that anywhere I had lived till now.I didn't know if it was the atmosphere or something else, but in these two days I had gotten very attached to everything.The grey walls had seemed to absorb some of my darkness.The city lights that shined from a far at night and the large window, they all had somehow indulged me with them.Giving me company I secretly needed.

No words were passed between Arsalan and me except for the ones that I asked what food to make and he'll always give a small sigh before answering 'make whatever you like'.It was tuesday and as I had expected he should be at work but he wasn't.Although deep down I knew that the reason for not going was me but I let it slip.

He was a difficult man to understand or maybe I didn't find myself understanding him.He wouldn't talk much and I wouldn't dare to speak.So getting no response from my side he would sit and stare at me.Like now.

Since morning he was working in his home office,which I discovered was the first room I opened the day I arrived here, and attending calls while I cleaned the bedroom and then arranged the grocery that was all kept mixed up.The spices and sugary stuff all put together.But now as I started to make lunch he came with his laptop and sat on the dining table.Although I moved around the kitchen but I still felt two charcoal orbs bore into me.

Slicing the tomatoes, I added them in the pot that sizzled with the smell of spices.Turning around for the spatula, my eyes accidently met his, he was looking straight at me.Under the scrutinizing gaze, I shifted uncomfortably pulling my long dupatta a little lower.Gulping the lumps in my throat I averted my gaze seeing him too break the stare.The tightening air broke free and the mechanism of breathing seemed more easy now.