Chapter 55

Arsalan

I didn't cast the woman another glance as I loosened the tie around my neck.Frustation and anger building up in my veins.I just wanted all of this to be over all ready.All the illusions to be washed away quickly.She wasn't praying just a few minutes before I came, it was all just in my memory.It was just my mind messing with me.

Looking through the vanity, I saw the woman bent to pick up my jacket.

" You really enjoy doing all this.Why don't you come back already."I said not restraining the blunt rudeness and harshness coating my words.Gritting my teeth together, I leaned against the dark wooden vanity table.

" I am really tired for the night so if you please disappear , I would retire for the night."I said folding my arms across my chest.Massaging my temples, I closed my eyes tightly.

Opening my eyes, I found the woman gone.And as always she disappeared like thin air between us.Or me.

Slamming my palms angrily against the wood, I moved towards the bathroom door but something just made me stop dead in my tracks.As the wind knocked out of me, I stilled.My mind spiraling.The charcoal of my eyes narrowed as I held onto the little sanity that remained inside me.

Near the bedroom door stood Amal.A glass full of water remained in her hand as she stared at me.Her grey eyes sad and ashen.She was as beautiful as ever.Haseen.

A painful ball bobbed inside me as I fought hard to utter anything out.The blood in my veins turning cold.I felt as if someone had smacked me across the face as I looked at the woman.

" Disappear-"I uttered out with much difficulty.Wanting her to wash away like all times but I knew the reality because she didn't disappear this time.She remained put.She remained there.Lively and real.Just before me.

Amal.

My Amal

My haseen Amal

The grey eyed woman moved forward.Her each step shortening the distance between us.I swallowed roughly down my throat.A fire igniting within my fibers.Like a statue, I remained frozen.

" Arsalan-"

The whisper broke through the molecules of the air between us.Her word hitting me hard as I breathed in deeply.She was here.She was really here.

Just a step between us and she moved closer.Her watery grey pools looking up at me as if I was the only man on Earth her eyes yearned for.Like I was her everything.Her hands stopped on my shoulders as she held on them.Standing on her tiptoes, she did the unexpected.

She pressed her lips on mine.Taken back by her actions, I closed my eyes letting my life led me away.Letting Amal led me away.Pain seared through my heart and then spreading throughout my body.

A mix of hot and cold bolted inside me.Ice and fire.Water and flames.

The softness of her lips pressed onto mine, making me inch just a little closer to her.Her fingers tightened on my shoulders and I felt her ease on her feet.My tall figure towered over hers with our lips in a painful kiss.Wrapping my arm around her slim waist, I pulled her up.

Out of breath when she pulled away from me, I didn't let her.Like an angry beast, I pressed my lips sternly on hers.Not giving her even a minute to breath properly.But in the moment I didn't care.Kissing her hardly, my anger punished her yet she didn't complain.Biting on her bottom lips, I felt her hands press on my chest.

Soothing the little bite with my lips, I pulled away.Removing my arm from around her, I pushed her away.I breathed heavy trying to gulp as much as oxygen as possible.Amal wasn't surprised with my actions, instead she looked prepared.Running a hand through my hair, I pulled at my strands harshly.A low groan escaping my lips as I closed my eyes.Opening them, I found Amal wiping away her tears.