Chapter 57

Its much of a filler chapter :/

Amal

In a land of solace we travelled.

The crowding trees and hovering mountains passed by us in a blur.The car sped down the narrow roads, passing all the various beautiful colours as my grey eyes stared out of the car window.

Lush green with dusted brown, pink and red with yellow and white.Blue covered the horizon with a clear sky devoid of clouds.Yet the sun remained shining over our heads.

We passed the sign board of Abbottabad indicating that we had entered the premises of our city.As the all too familiar roads and building surrounded us.

My shaky hands rubbed against each other.A ball of anxiety and nervousness settling in the deep pit of my stomach.Despite the mental prep I had been doing for the past week, I still felt an uneasiness within me.An unknown fear.But what I feared the most; were the reactions I was going to get after meeting my husband's family.

Husband.

Looking over at the man besides me, I saw him rest against the back of the seat with his eyes fixed out of the window.He remained quiet yet his tensed figure didn't go unnoticed by me.I could feel his nervousness too.The cold wavering off his charcoal eyes hid the warm pain.

Arsalan was someone very different.Sometimes you could read him like a book, other times he would hide himself.Sometimes he would allow himself to be shown and sometimes he would do no effort and let the expressions say it all.

A confusion- Arsalan.

The driver drove towards our destination and I leaned against the headrest too.Awaiting what awaited me.

The air blew my hair, tickling my nose making me close my eyes and brush them back.Relaxing against the seat, I felt myself drowning in the pools of sleep.The exhaustion getting the better of me.

A cold hand touched my arm, shaking me lightly.Opening my eyes I saw the man besides me, smile at me.His charcoal eyes looking at me before looking before us.

" We are home."He said.Sitting up, I glanced at the windshield.The driver honked and in an instant the large black gates were opened.The car had slowed down as I looked out of the window.

A large garden remained at the side and green hovering trees were planted everywhere in the driveway.Stopping at the patio, the driver got down from the car.Arsalan guided,

" Come."Opening his side of the door he too got down from the vehicle.The driver opened my door making me slid down.Glancing up at the- the huge mansion I froze.

A huge mansion remained before us, the off white pillars supporting the entrance as the five steps led to them.Dark wooden doors were polished and shined as they remained wide open giving the view of the haste happening inside.The large garden area could be seen from where we stood.Two other cars were also parked in the driveway.Plants were aligned on the steps as we stepped up.My husband a step before me.

" They are here."A loud girly voice called from inside making me peek from behind Arsalan's back.

Footsteps rushed and voices hushed.Two elderly woman came into view.I recognized my mother in law in an instant.She stood in all her glory dressed in pistachio coloured shalwar kameez,her head covered with her dupatta as her light coloured eyes stared at us.A wide smile stretching her lips.

" Ammi"Arsalan said before shortening the distance between them and embracing her.

" Shehzaaday" I heard her say as I stood besides them now.