Chapter 15

Here you go a long and nice update .. :)
Enjoy to the fullest because it has some dark secrets hidden.. ;)

***

Arsalan

No

The word was a hoarse whisper.

A bitter truth that had pierced through everyone's heart.

A reality that brought us down from our high, throwing us on the hard ground from the beautiful sky.

Salah had whispered out the words like they were on the tip of his tongue.Like instead of repeating yes in his head he had memorised No.It was hard to see everything scatter around like wild fire in the forest.

The smiles had disappeared and happy tears had dried as the dusts of despair and sadness had stuck to the flesh.I wasn't much angry at Salah, the stunt that he had pulled a week ago.Refusing to marry, when the bride sat before him already accepting him in her nikah.

A week had passed like wind and Shahwar had changed so much.The fake smiles she plastered to everyone, yet I knew that in the inside she was dying.That she was sacrificing her love to a woman we merely knew.She was sacrificing for that man whom she loved more than herself.

I knew Shahwar, I always warned her since the time I got to learn a lesson,
an ugly one.

I wasn't angry at Salah, I was disappointed.He had just repeated what I had done in the past.He had unknowingly followed my footsteps and I hated myself for putting an example.

At least I hadn't done anything at this extreme.Yet, I had said no to her.And I always said No to her.It wasn't planned and it just happened as time passed.

No

No

No

From the very start it was a no.But I don't know how it all started and when did it even start.A shiny tiny sparkle in the blanket of darkness or the scorching sun in the horizon.

I exhaled out a deep breath, leaning against the car seat.My eyes momentarily glanced at the local restaurant that buzzed with men even in this hour of the dark night at the side of the highway.

The small glass of tea now remained empty as it sat against the dash board.The windows were up and so silence filled the car, unaware of the wild laughs and talks that glossed over the place from where my car was parked.

Despite being in my own personal space, a dark feeling dwelled in between, gnawing at my insides.My heart drummed against my ribcage whilst my breaths became my shelter.

Shelter-home.Where it was , I didn't know.

The starless sky pitied me as my mind continuously wandering over the boundaries in my head that screamed-prohibited area.Yet it seemed not to care as at last all the boundaries were crossed and a sea of emotions washed over me.

A thick fog surrounding all around that I didn't even feel that I sat in my car, parked outside a small restaurant.Everything became blurry as I closed my eyes tightly, my grip tightened on the steering wheel.