Chapter 37

Here's a little treat for the awesome feedback..

***

Amal

The morning felt different.As if I was different.A huge weight was lifted off my shoulder making me feel lighter.Because I knew, now I wasn't alone.

The charcoal eyed man had woken up with a determination.He was confident with his steps and words.As we walked around the apartment, he looked no less than a king.A king, who was all ready to rule the world.

My head still hurt and so did my arm.When I woke up, curled against my husband's body, my world spined making me move away from him instantly.Although the coldness that spread through my body afterwards had me pulling the comforter a little more to my side.

My fingers froze as my eyes swept up to the man's face who remained a feet away from me.Moving my fingers away from the bandage, I let him secure the two ends.His hair fell messily onto his forehead, as he bandaged my arm.

My heart jumped as he leaned in towards my arm to inspect the band aid.Once done he quietly moved away as if he was never there.Keeping the first aid box away, I walked out from the bedroom.I could hear the man talk on his phone somewhere in the office.

His loud chuckle echoed in the silent environment.I knew well, he was talking to his sister.A wave of nostalgia hit me, making me remember the life I was living back home before my marriage.Sitting on the sofa, I folded my knees under me.

The happiness that always bloomed in our small house whenever Uncle would bring a sweet treat for me and Sikander bhai whenever he would return from work.Or the times when Aunty Shahana would make our favourite dishes but life evolved quickly.

Time didn't stop and Uncle passed away.I grew up and started to work.Aunty Shahana took all responsibilities over her shoulders.Sikander bhai became our protector.

I sighed sadly shrinking in my seat.Ky heart was thudding or it seemed it was knocking.Knocking on my senses that yesterday I was lucky but my luck wouldn't last for today and within some time Jalal Khan would be here.

Jalal Khan

Right at the door step, making all the fear to crawl up my spine again.It wasn't as if I wasn't scared right now.I was still terrified even when Arsalan was home.

I flinched when a hand was placed on my shoulder.My eyes landed on the large man before me as he sat besides me now.

" What?"He asked, concern flashing through his face.

" Nothing.You just scared me."I said quietly, averting my eyes to my hands.

Silence fell around us, making us comfortable.It was always the silence between us.Maybe we didn't need words to communicate, our silence was our language.But I wanted our silence to transform into something more.And so for the first time I took the initiative.

" I-"The cellphone rang somewhere in the office making the words die in my mouth.

The man's expectant eyes flashed with irritation as he stood up.His deep voice filled with sorry-ness.

" I'll be right back, it must be from office."I nodded before passing him tight smile.His footsteps went away and I breathed out deeply.Curling my fists, I found them cold.