Chapter 25

Amal

The once midnight blue sky had disappeared against the now early dawn sky.The shimmering stars were fading away.The city lights still illuminated waiting for the sun rays to greet them.

Sleep had disappeared into thin air not even roaming around me.That night had stolen all my sleep.All I did at nights were to stare up at the open sky.And so I did the same last night.The stars allured me to graze up at them.To stay awake and watch them.

The man seemed to be in heavy sleep, he seemed to have hidden under my thoughts.The weight of my thoughts had over taken him.But not for long,

"You didn't sleep?"A deep sleepy voice said.

I turned my head just a little to see him sitting up in bed.His hair covering his eyes,

"No."I said softly.

Getting up from my sitting position, I made my way to the bathroom.Locking the door, I turned the tap before looking up in the mirror.My eyes were red and so was my nose.My pale skin stood out more in the red wedding dress, I hadn't changed.

Splashing the cold water on my face, I mentally prepared myself for the day.Listing all the behavior I had to maintain, the obedience, the respect I had to give.My wet hands pressed against my eyelids.Drying my face, I picked up the clothes from the counter before running the shower.

Arsalan

I moved my arm on the other side of the bed.My eyes were shut but I could feel the coldness that spread around the other side.

Amal

My eyes flew open finding the other end empty.I sat up quickly, ready to dash out when-when I saw her.

She sat on the window seat.Her knees were pulled before her chest as she had crossed her arms on her knees The red bridal dress from last night was still on, as she remained lost in her thoughts.Her hair were covered by her long dupatta that dangled down her shoulder and onto the floor, spread like an expensive curtain.Her grey eyes were fixed on the sky outside and from the side, I could notice the wetness under her large eyes.

"You didn't sleep?"Although I knew the answer, I still asked.

She turned her head to me before whispering a soft 'no'.I shook my head and she got up, going into the bathroom.I fell back on the pillow, thinking deeply as to why she didn't sleep.

What must have kept her awake?

me?

I sighed loudly not knowing what to do next.My routine couldn't be the same because I had a wife now.It seemed strange to find myself married.It seemed even stranger to have a woman walk around the apartment.To have-

The door clicked open and she came out.The atmosphere of the room suddenly changed and a strong and soft fragrance bloomed all around.

Strong and soft?

Something was different, I couldn't point out.But right now , I couldn't tear my eyes away from her.From Amal.She was dressed in light pink, her matching dupatta hiding away her hair.But from the bursting morning light in the room, I could see the rough strand of black hair that peeked from under.Her head was low and so were her eyes.She walked so lightly on the earth that if I wasn't looking her way, I wouldn't know someone else was in the apartment other than me.

Twisting the bedroom knob she was out.Leaving me to my thoughts.

After showering and changing into casuals, I walked out to find the room clean, the bed already made.A smile curled my lips.Walking out from the room, I found the woman in the kitchen.Upon noticing my presence, she turned around.