Chapter 40

There is some sensitive context down here !!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!

***

Arsalan

I chuckled yet again as my younger sister cracked another joke.

" Zarah, you should stop troubling everyone like this."I said acting a little stern seeing the young woman roll her eyes as she huffed.

" For God's sake you have a wife now.Chill man, enjoy with her."She said teasingly making me lean back on my seat.

" Really Zarah, you're always calling me how am I supposed to enjoy with her."I said seeing the young woman's face fall.I laughed out as confusion clouded her face.

" I was just joking.You can call me whenever you want."I said smiling.

" Okay fine.I'll try to control Skyping you."She said pouting like a little girl.

" And yes I miss you a lot."She said emphasizing with her hands, showing me how much she missed me.

My hearts warmed at her words.A sad smiling curving my lips as I said,

" I miss you too my princess."The young woman grinned as her bright eyes shined with evil glints.

" Okay, then.I have some new tips for you.They are all the latest-"

" Oh.No-No.I am not getting these tips of yours.Thank you so much but I am really sleepy."I cut her off almost touching my ears.The last time she gave me tips on my marriage, I almost felt my cheeks getting hot.The young woman had been taking training from all the cliche movies and drama serials she watched.

She wrinkled her nose making an irritated face.

" Lala listen to me once these ones are very useful and fail proof."She grinned again convincing me to listen to the stupid stories she was fed with.

" No Zari I am very sleepy and I have work tomorrow.Amal probably slept by now."I said as my eyes moved to my office door.The bedroom light illuminating the hallway.

She wasn't asleep.

Zarah sighed loudly as she nodded.I waved at her and said goodbye.

" Take good care of yourself and the others."I ordered like an elder brother that I was.

" Okay.You too.And love you bye."She said waving me back.

Pressing the call end button, I ended the video call and placed my iPad aside.Standing up from the leather chair, I switched the lights before shutting the door.My feet leading me into the bedroom.

My eyes landed on Amal, who rested against the bed but her eyes seemed to be lost in deep thoughts.Making my way into the washroom, I got dressed for the night.

A yawn escaped my lips as I got under the warm covers.I had switched off the lights but the lamps were still on because Amal had a book in her lap which she was reading earlier.

Two days had passed in normality after we had dinner that night and everything seemed to be fixing back in place.

The woman besides me worried me, and so I shook her hand lightly.Her dark strands framed her face as her pain stricken face remained facing the wall opposite to us.