S E U N G Y O O N ; W I N N E R

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

---- ☯ ----

3rd pov

love

it has always been a big word for you. you're waiting for it, waited for it, and isn't sure if you still can.

your best best best friend in the whole wide oblate ellipsoid earth, kang seungyoon. you've been friends since your moms where born. you were just.. friends. 

no matter how many years we've been friends to each other,

in front of the heavy word of love, we can get farther away

as many years we've known, i knew that

he was a pure angel, you may say. he helped everyone but not you– mentally. you loved him dearly, too much. you've thought of confessing, but what about the future? what if he rejects you?

"seungyoon-ah," 

"hmm?" he hummed, breaking his contact with his phone and placed his eyes on you.

as i look at you smiling with me, these memories of you as a friend;

for fear of not making them in the future; i hid my feelings

you smiled at him, sincerely. "nothing." he gave you a confused look, but shrugged it off. this had happened many times already, and it will be bothersome for him to think more about it. 

you were just memorizing his features when suddenly;

"y/n-ah," he called, "let's go to the fair!" and without much thought, he dragged you to the near fair, at times you'll trip because he wasn't having any time for breaks. he just dragged and dragged you there.

my love, can take up the time; to smile with you, for fear of feeling that

i can't even tell my feelings

you went on many booths, you didn't even realize that nighttime was already there. the fair was on the bay side, and you still have lots of time together. you both wanted to be together forever.

as you sat on one of the benches on the railings of the bay side, you watched the sea, loud, crashing waves almost hitting half of the tall railing. 

the lights from the booths went off one by one, and people started disappearing. neither of you said anything, and your feelings came crashing back at you just as the waves. he slung his arm over your shoulder, and you leaned on his chest.

"tired?" he asked, and you gave a shrug as a reply.

people always asked if you were together. but he'll politely disagree; yet it hurt you so much.

as i look at you treating me comfortably, i feel like you want me to remain as a friend.
the resolution i made last night, to confess my feelings to you; went far away.

you remained like that for minutes– to an hour. you felt comfortable, despite the uncomfortable position. you didn't rant about it though, you loved it. 

meanwhile, seungyoon was rethinking things. he was asking himself why you felt weird these days, and that you were avoiding him.

did it affect him? 

of course, he was your best friend. why wouldn't he?

and that was all he can think of you. 

a best friend.

you knew it; all this time, if he liked you, even a tad bit, he could've told you. he was honest as anyone could be. 

he.. could've asked you out.

my greed can take up the time to smile with you, for fear of feeling that;

i hesitated to tell my feelings

my feelings for you can lose the joy that can support you for fear of feeling that––

for fear of losing you i just don't do anything

"oh my god," he muttered under his breath but since you were focusing on him, you heard it very well.

"why? what happened?" you both jolted up, and you were worried as hell. he looked very shock– not sure, his face was unreadable.

"eunjung.."

"what happened to eunjung?"

"she answered me!" you were speechless, so you just stared at him. he kept jumping around the house, yelling in happiness. tears were pooling in your eyes, but you quickly wiped it off, preventing to act weird. 

"what the fuck!! you finally got her!" you yelled, trembling.

why did you forget about her? you cursed yourself.

"i know right!" he hugged you tight, "thank you, y/n." 

"w-what for?" you asked him, but your throat was already forming a lump. 

"for everything."

and that's when it all hit you.

you were just his friend.

a friend that he wants to stay on his side forever, together.

a friend that he loves so much; he can't afford to lose–– because you were also his half.

a half that's quickly fading;

because it's being replaced by another;

and because you were just a friend.

against the backdrop of the landscape where we were today,

as i look at our photos, i try to hold back;

my growing feelings, you wouldn't know this

for the rest of your life.