J A E ; D A Y 6

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

---- ☯ ----

"again? you're tired again?" you sighed, thinking of how many times has has told you from your 3 year relationship that he's tired, wants a breakup, then later kneels in front of you to get you back.

"this time its real, y/n,"

"do you even think of me? you think you're the only one who's tired? i've been handling all of your shits jae, you can't be more tired than me today." you sighed for the nth time, cutting the conversation and heading to your room.

you've had enough for today. you were late because of traffic, your proposal got declined, you spilled coffee on your dress shirt, delayed a meeting because you cleaned yourself, and got scolded by the manager because you forgot to send a really important email.

and now your boyfriend, the mighty jae, is tired for the nth time and wants to end everything with you.

you plopped on your bed, staring at your ceiling.

"y/n come on, lets talk." jae said as he opened the door. you didn't utter, as he knelt in front of you. "y/n."

"fine, talk."

"i won't talk unless you face me." you sat up, slouching, tired.

"look jae, i really don't want to get into this kind of conversation right now. i'm pissed off and you shouldn't make me more pissed off. i've had a bad day already. and come on i already know what you're going to say! 'i'm sorry, i'm tired of this relationship, you've got no time for me and i get to see you rarely, let—'"

"i'm in love with another girl." he cut you off. "its not one of what you said.. i.. don't think i love you anymore. i'm so sorry," you slapped him.

a slap is not enough to get you through the night. so you slapped him again. unconditional tears were flowing out of your eyes and nothing could ever describe the pain you're feeling now.

you don't know, betrayed? anger? furious? hurt? you were boiling with feelings you don't know.

but you also knew that you can't do anything about it. you stared at him, still crying, as he was just looking down.

"why.. how.." you didn't know what to ask him. as you were staring at him tearing up, you realized it was also your fault. you didn't spend more time with him. you were so focused on your work you didn't give him the time he deserves. you failed as a girlfriend for the one and only person who loved you, and someone who gave you nothing but his full effort, love, and time.

you touched his cheeks and he flinched, but you still touched it again. "i'm sorry.. it's all my fault." you smiled, sniffing. "i should've been a better girlfriend. if not because of me, you wouldn't have been tired. you wouldn't have to feel all of this. you.. i'm so sorry, jaehyung." you stood up and got the first aid kit, preparing the ointment to put on his cheeks that are as red as an apple.

he stopped your hands, "nothing is your fault," he got your hands and warmly soothes it, "i lied when i said i don't love you anymore." he looked down on your hands, "i guess i still do because i don't think i can look at other girls as how i look at you." he sniffed, "i know you're doing this for us," his fingers touch the rough parts of your hands, "for us to live a better life," his hands then come for your tears and he wipes them, "and its my fault for not understanding that and finding someone who could give me the attention i wanted from you."

you stared at each other,

" but then now i realized.. i wanted the attention from you. not from anybody else, but you, only you. i wanted to escape that but i guess i can't." he scoffed. "i love you and only you."

"wow, you're so dramatic." you scoffed as you stopped crying. "you still love me after all i've done? after all my flaws? after you've seen how my moods go back and fourth?" you laughed.

"i wouldn't be doing this if i don't.." he took out something from his back pocket while holding your right hand. " even if your hands and palm are rough, i'll love you until my last breath. will you marry me, y/f/n?" it wasn't even a minute til you stopped crying, now you're sobbing again. "it has been a year when i bought this, it means a year that's been stuck in my back pocket, a year to build up my courage, a year that's been tough on me. and now, i'm willing to take all risks, just to be with you. will you marry me?"

"you know how much i love you, do you?" he nodded and laughed a little. "and you do note that i also hate you for being a coward." he wheezed. "and for someone being hesitant to tell me this when you bought it for a year already, wow, you're really something." you took his hands, "before all of that, i want to say something. i promise to make more time to spend with you. i promise to never let my work chew me up again. i promise to love you even better, i promise to be a better girlfriend and wife, i promise to take good care of you and our future kids, so that means its a yes!"

he smiled so sweetly you could melt. he put the ring on your ring finger with his shaking hands, hugged you and jumped around the room.

"thank you y/n, i also promise to do better." he hugged you and kissed your forehead. "i love you y/n, always and forever."

"i love you too jaehyung, always, more, and forever."

"until our last breaths." you said, together.