C H A N I ; S F 9

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

---- ☯ ----

3rd pov

you look down on your fiddling fingers, trying to hold back your tears as you took a deep sigh.

"y/n," chanhee called you, as you look around to avoid his gaze. "are you okay?" your boyfriend gives you a concerned look behind the overly big hat, his voice coming out muffled behind the mask, his actions hidden behind the oversized hoodie, and padded jacket.

"uh, yes.." you answered shortly, the atmosphere of the cafe totally suiting the both of you. deserted, and empty.

"why, you don't like it here? this is the only place we could go to though.." his voice softly fades in the background, making your sigh audible.

"do you really have to go this far, chanhee?" you finally said after a few minutes of silence. he looks at you, pain also evident in his eyes. you start shedding tears, unable to control it. "just today. its our anniversary and the first time we'll actually go out. and you wear those?" you were sick of dating the idol secretly, and you don't know if someone will know the pain you're hiding right now. 

"y/n," 

"what? you're sorry? i'm sick of your apologies, chanhee. you don't have anything to apologize for, you know that! but why.. i just don't understand why." you rub your eyes with your palms, desperate to find an answer to the unknown questions and feelings.

"y/n.." he rubs your arms over the table and hold your hands. "look at me," you sob as you found it difficult to look up to him. you felt bad, it wasn't his fault anyway, why would you get mad with him?

"alright, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have done that. i'm sorry, chanhee." you hold his hand back then looked up to him. his hat was nowhere to be found, along with his padded jacket and mask. you look at him confusingly, trying to regain your senses. "chanhee, what are you doing?" you ask as you try to put on his hat again, but he avoids it and gets something from out of his pockets.

he slides the tiny box on the table, a shiny ring on it.

"marry me," chanhee says as he carefully caresses the back of your palm, and you burst more into tears. "i'm sorry but this is all i can do for you. if not now.. then i don't know." he says, a tear rolling out of his eye.

"chanhee, i'm not asking for this.." you shake your head sideward, trying to deny. "how about you.. how about your dreams, no.. chanhee. i'm sorry, its my fault, i shouldn't have gotten mad. please don't rush anything." you shake your head harshly, but chanhee stops you as more people now recognize him from outside the cafe.

"we're not rushing anything. you didn't do anything wrong. i really wanted to do this, y/n. you're not ruining anything. if people will leave me after this, then they'll leave me. as long as you're there.. i'll live. y/n, marry me." he caresses your cheek while his other hand holds your hand tight.

you stare at him with teary eyes, reading his emotions. he smiled at you after a long time, and you finally nodded. he sweetly smiles at you and gets the ring, and puts it on you. he stares at your hand with the ring with a smile on his face, chuckling. 

"you have no absolute idea how much you make me happy. thank you for staying beside me, thank you for loving me. thank you for everything, i really.. really, really love you, y/n. remember that," his soft voice pricks your heart as you both start shedding tears and shared a hug. 

the once empty and lonely cafe turned into the most beautiful place you've been with him, and you never regretted it.

"i love you, chanhee. i don't think i have anything more to say but i'm so thankful to the gods for letting me have you. i love you." you say as you stare on his deep eyes, smiling.