X I U M I N ; E X O

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

---- ☯ ----

3rd pov

"leave with us, or we'll leave you with him with no inheritance from us, not even a penny," your mom said with a stern face. you wanted to stand up for yourself, but knew you would lose. so instead, you kept tight lipped, nodding your head subconsciously. 

you head to your room, trying to find a way to change your parents mind about minseok. he is one of the maid's son which is also your tutor in piano lessons. you sigh, as you knew you hadn't have enough money to even elope with him. 

"hey," a man suddenly goes in from the window, struggling to not make a noise. "what did your mom tell you?" you smile at him to reassure him. 

"nothing much," you shook your head side-wards, grabbing his arm to assist him.

"yeah?" he looked curiously on your eyes, squinting it. you nodded once again, trying to shake it off your mind. "they want you to go with them?" he give you a warm smile before you sigh in exasperation. 

"i don't want to leave you," you sat beside him and cuddled on his chest. "so i won't. you won't change my mind." you sniff in his manly scent before he chuckles.

"you shouldn't pick me over your parents. besides, i have mom to look after me." 

"you have a heart disease! and you expect me to leave you?" you suddenly snap which he expected, so he just smiles and wanders to the grand piano inside your room. "minseok-ah," you said between your breathe, trying your best not to pick a fight. 

"it'll be the last time i'm playing this piano," he smiles as his fingers swiftly moved on the keys, making a calming melody. you quietly stared at him, fighting the urge to cry. you had to be strong in front of him, especially at times like this. after playing, he stands up and makes his way to you. "look, i have my medicines beside me always. as you've said." he reaches for his pocket and shakes the bottle of his medicine in front of your face. "i have candies, whenever i feel down, as you've said," and on the other pocket, his bottle of candies. "i'll be fine, y/n. trust me," he hugs you softly so you had no choice but to melt in his arms. 

"y/n! minseok!" your dad's voice suddenly rings on your eyes as you both flinch to the strong voice. you look nervously on the door frame which reveals your dad, fuming in rage. "what in the world!" he pushes minseok harshly to the floor and you quickly ran to him, shaking. he was starting to get red which was meant he was close to an attack, so you instinctively reach out for his pockets but your dad yanks your arm from his. 

"no, dad! please," you weakly trudge to minseok who was having a hard time breathing, clutching his chest. your dad was dragging you out of the room with a tight grip on your wrist. "please dad, his medicine!" but your dad didn't budge a bit. you were literally dragged out as a lifeless body to another room, and locked you in. 

you continued to cry and walk around the room back and forth, anxiously biting your nails. 

"please be okay," you clasped your hands and started praying, when you heard an engine revved. you quickly look out of the window with a damp face, breathing harshly. 

you see one of the guards carrying an unconscious minseok to the car, driving away. you grunt and head to the door, tried kicking it with all your might but you didn't have the energy and strength to bring the door down.

"let me out!" you banged on the door a few times before your legs gave up and melted. you cried the night away, until the sun shone on your face. when you finally had the energy, you banged once again on the door with a raspy voice. 

after a few minutes of making a scene, your mom opens the door with a solemn face.

"we'll leave in an hour, wash up. we already packed your things," she was about to turn her back when you pulled her back. 

"you should know.. how's minseok? he's okay right? tell me he's fine, and i'll leave with you with no worries.. just please tell me he's okay." you were crying once again, desperate to know minseok's condition.

"you have no choice anyway," she snickers. "he's dead, y/n. so you have no reason to stay," she smirks and leaves you dumbfounded. minseok's memories flood your mind as you broke down and slumped on the floor, denying the truth unless you had a reliable source.

and that was it, you hear loud wailing's from minseok's mom from downstairs which caused you to aggressively shake your head to muffle the sounds, clutching your chest to try and ease the pain.

"i'm so sorry i can't protect you," you say between your hitched breath, repeating it over and over again until it weighed on you that once again, you were alone in the world.