j u n g h a e i n ; a c t o r

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

➳ forgive me for i have sinned, i have been obsessing over jung hae in recently and i can't help but make an imagine for him so i'll just insert it here. 

---- ☯ ----

3rd pov

you sigh as you stand up, covering your face with a mask and wearing a cap. today was you and your boyfriend's 3rd anniversary, also his drama's company dinner for a successful ending of drama. 

yes. your boyfriend is the one and only, jung hae in. 

you look at the mirror before you go, trying your best not to look like you. rolling down your sleeves covering your scars, you plan to surprise him on the restaurant where they were dining, although you knew he wouldn't go to you publicly. you weren't out on public yet, since haein doesn't want to put you in so much trouble. 

you smile at the familiar scent, and at the noisy long table in front of you. your eyes landed on your boyfriend who was enjoying himself, beside his rumored girlfriend, son yejin. it was their second drama and it cause a big fuss on the k-world. 

well, who would've thought that he's got a girlfriend like me. just a normal girl wandering carelessly on the world, suddenly bumped into the jung hae in and becomes his girlfriend. you have always been insecure about the people who gets close to haein, although you weren't supposed to be. he was an actor, anyway.

you sit at a corner, still, the long table was on sight. you kept looking on their table, looking out to see if haein will notice you. you order a dew dishes you can eat, the less you can do was to pretend he was celebrating the anniversary with you. 

"happy 3rd anniversary," you mumble as you start eating, stealing glances on their table. 

"so, do you have a girlfriend?" a man you assumed to be the director, asked. haein blushes as he smiles his sweet smile, nodding uneasily. you smile to yourself thinking how brave he was, unfolding that he has a girlfriend in front of many people. 

the people started wooing and cheering for him, as he curls up to a ball and shyly smiles.

"son yejin! son yejin!" the people started chanting which made you feel conscious. your heart started beating twice as fast and you couldn't be more uneasy. you frown, covering your face with a mask once again. when you looked at their side, he was only smiling, but he was not particularly denying it. 

the actress awkwardly sat there, softly denying with a smile

"stop denying it and kiss! kiss her! kiss her! kiss her!" and everyone once again shouts with the director. for a second, haein's face turns bewildered but he shakes his hands in the air, insisting them to stop. you sighed to yourself as you see yourself on the stainless steel counter in front of you.

you were ugly.

you were no one.

beside him, you are nothing.

you trembled, breathing out to keep yourself from crying. just when your eyes landed on them, haein stood up and kissed the actress beside him.

and when they all started cheering, that was your cue to leave. after paying, you rushed to go outside to cry out loud. you run to your house, locking yourself inside the bathroom. 

you cry endlessly, hitting your chest as if it would work not to hurt more. you sit on the bathtub, curling yourself to a ball. you turned the tap on since you knew you would take hours there, to muffle your cries outside the bathroom. 

you look at the mirror in front of you, punching it fiercely. 

"why do i have to look like shit?" you whisper cry as you sob. your hands started bleeding but you didn't care. you continued on until someone banged on the door.

"y/n," haein shouts and once more knocks harshly on the door. "please open the door." he desperately twists the doorknob but you didn't respond. "please, let me explain. it isn't what you think." 

"okay," you calmly say between your hiccups, trying to end the conversation. the water now turned red because of the continues bleeding of your wrists. you bite your lip consciously, holding out your tears and sobs.

"open the door or i'll break it," haein shouts but you weren't sane. the cuts on your forearms cut open again because you scratched it so much. haein didn't even take a minute to break through the door, only to find you hopelessly hanging on to your lifeline. "shit," he scurries to you and looks at you worriedly.

"why did you break the door.." you mumble as you chuckle lightly but haein panics and looks all over your arms. when he caught a glimpse of your neck which also has scars, he hurriedly takes off your sweater to see scars and cuts all over your body.

"why.." he mumbles as he also bursts out crying, getting you out of the tub with shattered glasses.

"you'll hurt yourself, i'll get out myself," you say, but regardless of that, haein carries you out of the bathtub and to the floor, looking at your body. "i think i was too insecure," you chuckle, looking at him and caresses his cheek. 

"i'm so sorry," he repeats for a thousand of times and until he gets tired and kneels in front of me. i laugh and cup his cheek, regaining every energy i have. "i didn't know, im--," 

"you don't need to apologize." you smile, wiping his tears away. "its my problem. okay?" he held your hands tightly, and hugs you afterwards. "i'm wet, stop it," you laugh as you pat his back.

"why didn't you tell me? i'm-- i'm sorry. i was an incompetent boyfriend, i should've looked for you more, i should've showed my love more, i- i.." he ran out of words to say and you just chuckled it away. "a while ago.. i just acted cute in front of her.. i think you mistook it," he explains while you nod your head. 

"okay," you say shortly, then memorizes his features all over again, even though you already memorized it. "stop crying," you ask as you push his face away lightly. you saw him glancing through your body full of scars so you asked him to remove his jacket. you put it on and gave him a wide smile. "see, i'm okay now. from today on, jung hae in, i will never.. ever! hurt myself again. just don't.. ever leave me. how's that of a deal?" you smile as you jump at him, giving him the biggest hug you could ever give. 

"you promise?" he asks hesitantly and you give him a nod. he agrees with a harsh nod and pulls you back in for a hug. "i love you, okay? happy anniversary, and to more anniversaries." you sniff his scent in as you enjoyed a night beside your one and only love.

-------------  so, before you go

                      was there something i could've said to make your heart beat better?

                      if only i'd have known you had a storm to weather

                      so, before you go

                     was there something i could've said to make it all stop hurting?

                     it kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless

                     so, before you go