W O O S U N G ; T H E R O S E [1]

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ enjoy ♡

---- ☯ ----

3rd pov

she slaps you hard, you fall on the concrete ground. you were left with nothing to say. you caress your now red cheek, waiting for more harsh words from your aunt.

"you should've died with them! i can't believe i got you! i should've discarded my phone every now and then," she scoffed. "your parents would've been very disappointed in you, y/n. well--- you killed them, they must've been disappointed in you a long time ago." she laughed and kicked your stomach before leaving you.

you sobbed and sobbed, cleaning yourself up. your aunt never failed to amuse herself by making you guilt-trip yourself. every. single. day. it was extra hurtful today since it was your parents death anniversary today, and the time when your school will release your grades for the semester.

your aunt, the very first time you met, made you promise that you should always bring home a hundred, if not, then she's disowning you. it was the first time you got a ninety-nine, and it was brought to the scene awhile ago.

you wash your face and stare at yourself in the mirror, silently crying while remembering all painful, last moments you had with your parents. you shrug to the thought, getting to bed with bruises all over your stomach and face.

---

you didn't bother covering your face, it was only normal that you went to school with bruises. you had no close friends that'll ask you what happened anyways.

"the teacher will not be around by her time, but she asked me to give these to all of you." woosung, the president of your class, also your crush, announced.

 you flick your head to the left where you'll avoid his gaze, to hide your face while he was going around to give the papers.

"y/n," he said, and tried catching your attention but you just got the paper out of his hands. when you thought he was gone, you faced ahead, but flinched when he was about 5 inches away from your face. "oh, that's a bruise." he reached out to caress the bruise on the side of your lips, as you played with your fingers. "again." you looked at him straight in the eyes as he said that.

how could he know? do you stand out too much?

i know i don't.

as he realized what he said, he cleared his throat and stood up. 

"we should get you to the infirmary." he said and reached for your hand. 

you look at his hand for a while but still took it. 

you silently walk to the infirmary while he's dragging you. 

nothing much happened, the nurse put some ointment on you, and as you were a frequent patient here, the nurse knew you had new bruises on your stomach too. she made you put an ice pack on it and asked woosung to stay with you for a little while. 

"what's happening to you, really?" woosung asked after the nurse got out. 

"uh," you hesitate to tell him, since it was the first time someone asked you about it. you knew everyone knew about it, and was actually shocked that woosung didn't. or was he only pretending?

"its been months since you've been going to school like that. i know no one asks you about it. does everybody know? am i the only one who doesn't know?" he pouted, which actually made you smile. 

---

3rd pov

"my parents died because of me," i started. i didn't really know how i'll start it so i started like that. it was the first time i'm going to tell anyone any of this. he looked at me, waiting for the continuation. "i was 9. i was playing outside our house with bows and arrows, while my mom was inside the house, and my father was trying to build the bonfire for our little camping that night. well," i laughed a little, stopping my tears from falling but failing. "it was my birthday, so i was kinda pumped up. i got my arrow, put the end in the fire and accidentally throwing it inside the house. burns. my father saves my mom, and then dies with her. it was just last 3? or 4 months ago that the orphanage got a hold of my aunt so.. there's that." he stayed silent while i sobbed. 

it took him awhile to process everything that happened, and i can't stop sobbing. i thought he was going to leave me because of how disgusting my childhood was, because he stood up. 

but he just stood up. after a little while, he face me and met my eyes. he wiped my tears away and smiled at me. 

"nothing was your fault," he held your hands tight. "nothing will ever be." he caressed your hand while smiling at you. "thank you for being brave and telling me all of those."