Your Battle With Cancer

You have cancer the words kept ringing in my ears. I needed to tell everyone. The most important person in my life was my boyfriend, Blake. I loved him so much which is why it would be so difficult to tell him. He didn't come to the appointment because I didn't tell him. It would scare him, he was already stressing about tour and everything. I didn't want to worry him about something if it was nothing.
"Y/n?"
"Yeah"
"Have you told him yet?"
"No. I can't do it"
"You love him right?"
"Of course I do"
"If you love him like you tell me and your father you do you'd have the decency to tell him. He would want to know"
"I know, I just don't want to stress him out"
"He loves you! He would want to find out from you before someone else tells him"

I got a text from Blake
Hey baby girl I'm home for the week! Can I take you come round tonight? I'll make you something nice
This would be a good time to tell him.

"Blakey Bo"
"Yes baby"
"I have something..." Tears filled my eyes.
"What's wrong?"
"Don't look at me differently when I've told you, don't treat me differently when I've told you, please don't stay with we just out of pity but when I need you hold me tight"
"I love you, you can trust me. I promise"
"I have.. I ha.. I have cancer"
"Oh my girl" he stood up and crouched down beside me, taking my hands in his. "I love you y/n, my gorgeous". He wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I'll come to everything. Appointments, scans, whatever"
"Thank you baby" I lent down and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up. I put my legs around his torso.
"You're the best human that's ever walked this planet"
I kept kissing him. "I'm never letting you go"

Lay on a hospital bed tubes all in me, but Blake holding my hand. I had no energy left in me.
"Y/n y/l/n"
"Ye..s" struggling to even talk anymore.
"I'm so sorry. The treatment isn't working as well as we hoped" tears started to stream down my face. "We have one option left. It's likely not to work, do we have decided it is best we remove the tumor. It's the best chance of survival"
"I.. I suppose.. that's what we'll do then"
"We'll prepare a date and all the details" he left the room.
"Oh Blakey Bo" I turned to him.
"Yes baby" he wouldn't look me in the eye. I put my finger under his chin and turned his face to face mine. As our eyes met tears ran down his cheek.
"What's wrong?"
"My gorgeous girl is in so much pain and trouble, and there is nothing I can do. You're so weak, you can hardly talk"
"You.. you can hold me... Get.. get in bed with... Me" he climbed in bed next to me.
"You'll be ok, baby"
"I'll never be ok again" crying into him.
"I promise when you're better we're going to do so much stuff. Travel, marriage, a family all that stuff"
"Promise me one thing"
"Anything"
"If I'm given a year...a month
..a week, a day to live.... please marry me before I'm gone"
"I promise. In fact..." He put his hand in his pocket.
"Y/n, maybe this isn't the perfect proposal but you're perfect and I promise I'll marry you if it's in a day, a week a month, a year, whenever just so I can be with you. Y/n y/l/n will you marry me?"
"Of course I will" he put the ring on my finger.

"Today's the day" I was terrified, surgery.
"I'll be waiting right here baby"
"You don't have to baby. I'll be gone so long"
"I don't care. I don't want to miss anything at all"
"I love you"
"I love you too"

Blake's P.O.V
They took my girl away. I sat there. Waiting. What am I going to do if she doesn't make it? She's my world.

"Mr Richardson?" A doctor said.
"Yes?"
"Surgery is just finishing it's gone well"
"Oh thank god"
"She'll be fine, she's going to be in a lot of pain, so be cautious around her"
"I will"

I held her hand for hours. I was so tired I'd been here for 23 hours, I closed my eyes and rested my head next her on the bed.
I felt a movement under my hand.
"B?" She mumbled.
"Oh thank god baby! How are you feeling?"
"Alright I suppose"
"You're going to be okay I promise"