Someone else proposes to you

I thought of this when I was watching Gavin and Stacey 😂
In this you're Reece's girlfriend's best friend and you and your boyfriend Daniel are round at theirs with all the boys.

Blake and I have a complicated relationship. We used to be kind of flirty but when I got with Dan we didn't as much. I still kind of liked him but. He looked miserable the whole night, whenever Dan said a word Blake would glare at him. We were never really together he can't be pissed because I'm getting on with my life.

"Y/n I love you and I want to spend my life with you" Dan got on one knee in front of me. "Will you marry me?"
"Yes!"
Everyone jumped up and hugged us. Apart from Blake. He was sat down looking miserable as sin, he stood up with a clear fake smile.

I was alone on the back garden with my drink just thinking. I felt a body sit next to me. "Hiya" I smiled to him. "You okay?" I asked him.
"I've been better"
"What's-"
"Y/n don't marry him"
"Wh-"
"I'm not saying marry me, at least that's not what I think I'm saying. I just... Please don't do this"

I pushed all these feeling away. I can't. I don't like Blake.
"Y/n are you alright?" It was a week since the proposal I was getting overwhelmed with emotions.
"I can't marry Daniel"
"What? Why not?"
"Because I love someone else, I think I do anyway"
"Who? Y/n you're just scared"
"No I'm not. I like Blake, I have for ages. I think Dan was more a rebound or something rather than a husband"
"Y/n... If that's really how you feel you need to talk to Dan and give him that ring back" I look down at my hand. I can't marry him.

"Dan"
"Yes baby"
"We need to talk"
"Oooo am I in trouble" he laughed.
"Just sit" his face instantly dropping.
"I can't marry you"
"What? Why? What the hell y/n!"
"It just doesn't feel right. I love you, but I don't think I'm in love with you. I'm sorry I really am" I put my ring on the table "I'm sorry Dan. I just can't go through with this knowing I'm lying to myself and you. I know somewhere out there, there is a girl that's perfect for you. I'm not that girl I'm sorry"
"I'm not stupid y/n. I know you love Richardson. I think I always knew"
"I'm so sorry"
"It's fine" I could tell he wasn't, he was broken.

"Y/n?" Blake asked.
"Yep"
"Where's your ring?"
"Right, yeah, I forgot. I broke up with Dan. Don't think we can just live happily ever after now, but what you said did make me think"
"About what?"
"My life, my feelings. For both of you. I didn't love Dan but I do really like you in a different way that I 'liked' Daniel. You were right. Well done Richardson"