Memories: Prologue

Dosing in a tree in the forest I looked upon the fantasy that was my forest. The strange mist that floated around crisp green bushes with white roses on them, to the doe stood with it's beautiful fawn grazing on the grass below them. 

It was so peaceful, until I heard laughter. Surprised I fell out of the tree but landed gracefully, only to find myself facing a child, a human child.

She was small, maybe about five years of age. Her skin was fair and her hair was an auburn brown, her eyes sparkled magnificent grey that only showed curiosity. Not fear.

She moved close to me, her head slightly tilted to the side.

"I wouldn't come any closer child." I spoke lowly, making sure she had seen my teeth. 

Instead of the cliche reaction of 'ahhh don't kill me please vampire!' I got a cute toothless smile and laughter. 

"Vampin!" ...A what...  

She ran up to me and tried grabbing at my teeth. I grabbed her wrists and gently pulled them down. I hissed, expecting her to finally scream and go away.

I only got a glare, a pout and a smack on the head. 

"Bad vampin!" She piped. 

I just sat there shocked. A feeble human, no power and no strength. Just hit a vampire on the head and yet, I feel no want to punish her for it. So instead I started correcting her.

"Vampire, not vampin." I pointed to myself. 

"Vampin." Her face was blank, I laughed to myself.

"Vampire. Say Vam-p-ire." I popped the p and rolled the r.

"Vam-p-in!" She was giggling now. I decided to give up, it was going no where. I sighed and slumped to the tree I was previously perched in. 

I looked to her once more to find her staring right into my eyes.

"You have pretty eyes Mr Vampin!" This child was so strange!

"..and why is that?" I asked.

"They are so cool and dark. Y/N loves them!" Y/N... adorable.. For a human... 

I was genuinely confused by this little being. A human who finds a dark creature's eyes to be pretty. Usually conversations didn't last this long. My moments of thinking were interrupted when a not so cute growl came from behind us. 

"King Namjoon... I want her give me her.." She instantly ran into my chest. I stood keeping her cradled in my arms, I could just give her to him.

But what was left of my heart sunk when she looked up at me, fear and tears.  Maybe I wont give her to him, I turned to face the ugliness that is the troll in front of me.

"Why should I? Maybe I want to keep her to myself." I snarled. Her grip tightened on my shirt and I heard the beating of her humming bird heart. She was petrified why? She was so fine with me. Why would she be afraid of him?

"My King, I caught her first. It is mine." Ah, that's why. She was hiding from him. An anger boiled within me for a reason I could not find. 

"It, has a name and now it is mine. Now go." I spoke with authority. I have decided to protect this mini human, even if it was a burden to my once relaxing day. 

"Fine, I'm taking it and your thrown then." He charged at us swinging his club awfully slow.

I dodged and perched in another tree. Putting her as high as I could.

"Please don't leave me Mr Vampin! He's gonna eat me!" She cried, she jumped onto me. I pulled her off once again.

"Shhhh, I will come back for you. I promise, right now Mr Vampin is gonna play with the big evil troll." She let go and looked at me with uncertainty, she held out her pinky.

"Pinky promise?" I didn't understand what a 'Pinky Promise' was but I stretched out my pinky and interlocked it with hers.

"Pinky Promise.. Now, close your eyes and count to 30." she shut her eyes tight and slowly starts counting.

I turned and launched myself off the branch onto the trolls face he looked at me and stupidly tried to punch me off him.. I once again, dodge. He punches his own face and crumbles to the ground.

I stalk towards his neck.

"You are unworthy of being called a monster if you are taken down that easy. Stupid being, you are worthless." I stamp down on his neck and his wind pipes are crushed.  I smirk slightly.

I left him dead on the ground and jumped back up to her. 

"28,29." 

"30." I spoke. She opened her eyes and gasped, she jumped into my arms again.

"You're back! You didn't leave me!"- She started petting my hair-" Good Vampin!" 

 I laugh. She was adorable.

"What is your name Mr Vampin?" She questioned. Namjoon sorta felt boring for a three year old so I decided to go for the stupidest name I could think of.

"Joonie, my name is Joonie." Wow. Joonie. Good one.

"Joonie! Nice to meet you Joonie!" She chimed, I grinned at her childish way.

I have never saved a human, so I didn't really know what to do next until I heard humans calling her name.

I thought her parents. Two older humans wondered threw the forest, hopefully that low life's body had disintegrated by now.

"Mumma and Babba! Please take me down to them Joonie!" She pointed to them. I felt a lonely feeling, as if I had lost something special. 

"Y/n ah, how about you stay with Joonie? We will have a lot of fun! You can have the world." She looked at me and looked to her parents. 

"Joonie! Mumma and Bubba love me very much. I will stay with them but it doesn't mean I can't play with you anymore!"

"Ah, okay. Let me grab you something then, just incase you can't play with me."

I shoot off to the white rose bush and pick the prettiest whitest rose my eyes could find. Once I find it I pick it and prick my finger on one of its thorns. I let my blood drip into the center of the rose.

"This way, you will never wilt." The blood vanishes and I come back up to her.

I give her my rose. 

"You must keep this safe and not tell anyone where it came from. Okay little Y/N? I must go now, be safe." I kissed her forehead and let her down from the tree.

"Bye bye Joonie!" She chirped and ran towards her parents. They cried and hugged her into oblivion. 

My once non beating heart was warm.

What has this human done to me...

A/N: Yo! this is the first chapter of 'Mine' hopefully you enjoy it. <3 T