04: b o o

Edited: April 8 2019
Wc: 526

"Hello, children!"

8 y e a r s a g o

"You're getting so much better at controlling your quirk!" Gran Torino praised the young y/n who was smiling and bowing to him and the invisible crowd that roared with applause behind him.

"Thank you, thank you!" She pretended to catch a bouquet of fresh red roses and bowed once more. "Thank you, everybody!"

She and Gran Torino fell to the floor in a fit of laughter once her little act had passed its course.

"Hey, grandpa?" Y/n looked over at Gran Torino with a plain looking face.

He smiled at her. "Yes, what is it, darling?"

"What made you want to become a pro hero?" She asked, sitting up on the carpeted floor.

He sat up as well, opening his mouth to speak as he did so. "In all honesty," he began, "I became a pro so I could teach and keep a promise to an old friend of mine."

The young ten year old blinked slowly, unable to fully comprehend the words that had left her guardian's chapped mouth. "You... didn't want to be a pro hero originally?"

He shook his head and smiled. "Not exactly. I liked to help people, sure. But not as a full time job."

She frowned slightly. "Do you... think my quirk is suited for a hero? Is that what I'm meant to be?"

"Sure it is!" He smiled and continued, "You could be a fine hero with your quirk. You just need to learn to fully control it and come up with ways that you could help people by using it."

She placed her slender finger to her chin. "Maybe I could be a rescue hero— a hero who paralyses the enemy so the more flashy heroes can get their work done quicker and with less villains to worry about."

Gran Torino stood up and ruffled y/n's h/l hair before smiling brightly at her once again. "I'm sure you would do a great job at that."

p r e s e n t

"Hello, children!"

Y/n, also known as 'Smile' fell down from a warp gate in the sky and splashed into the water of the shipwreck zone.

"Kurogiri," she whined. "You know I'm not a fan of water," she said to herself as all the villains with water-based quirks stared at her with curiosity.

"What are you doing here, Smile?" One of them that looked like man with a shark head and scuba gear asked her as they paddled closer to the ship that was floating in the calm water.

"I'm here to fight who ever I need to per usual," she explained, scaling the side of the ship while thanking Gran Torino for making her take parkour lessons when she was living under his shabby roof.

She finally peeked the surface of the boat and leaned over the railing in a snazzy matter while smirking at the three kids that were shaking in their boots at the sight of the pure hatred that filled her piercing e/c eyes. 

"Boo."

«Don't forget to smile»

:]