24: a s u r p r i s e

Y/n smiled at Tomura, taking a sharp inhale of the floral air that surrounded them. They were currently picnicking on a soft grassy hill; a tall, ancient oak tree providing them with the necessary shade for that of over fifteen bodies.

Y/n bit into a cucumber sandwich as Tomura did the same, except with a carrot, fresh picked from Kurogiri's secret garden.

"Thank you for inviting me to join you for lunch, Tenko," y/n said in a calm voice, the quickening autumn breeze flicking her hair back and forth rapidly.

He nodded, the peaceful melody that nothing but nature could develop and the beautiful sound of y/n's voice warmly embracing his pale eardrums. "Of course. Who else would I have invited?"

"Dabi—?"

"No way in hell."

Y/n laughed at his speedy response, causing his ears to redden noticeably.

She gasped. "You're blushing?! Holy—!"

"I am not!" He exclaimed, covering up his ears. Here was when he notices that she was cute even when she was teasing him.

She patted him on the back and stared at his face. "Am I going to be talking to the hand all day, or can Tenko come out to chat?" She asked sarcastically, referring to the hand he liked to call "Father" that seemed to never part with the man.

He made a quiet sound in the back of his throat that could only be described as "if shock could make noise" before removing the hand from his crusty face, placing it beside him on the dew-bitten grass. "Better?" He asked y/n as she tilted her head and smiled once again.

"Much."

Tomura smiled, —wait, he smiled?!

Y/n grinned even further, proud of her accomplishment. "You're smiling!"

Tomura chuckled, not dryly as he normally did so, "Yes, I suppose I am, aren't I?"

Tomura tried to look calm and collected in front of the girl, but on the inside, he was a swirling mess of ideas, conflicts, and solutions.

He had a plan in mind. How should he go through with it? Is there anything that could compromise his hidden agenda? Well, there always was, so that was a definite yes. Although, the only issue he could think of ever coming to pass was the fact that if she didn't— no. He couldn't think about those drawbacks at a time like this. Tomura needed his wingman Kurogiri. He always had a plan when Mr. Handman was in a bunch like he was in now— and even if the plan failed, he would always have easy access to some whiskey on the rocks.

"Is there anything on your mind, Tenko?"

Gah, y/n, you are definitely too smart for your own good.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? I'm here for you," she said, placing her hand onto Tomura's knee that was nearest to her in his crisscrossed sitting position at the top of the grassy hill, adjacent to the girl he loved.

Tomura sighed and set his hand on top of her own, stroking the top of her knuckles with his rough thumb-pad.

"I know."

For the next few minutes, the couple enjoyed their comfortable silence, gazing around the serene and lush nature backdrop to their perfect outing.

Tomura, all of a sudden, removed his hand from hers and to his back pocket, steading his breath as he did so.

As he stood up, y/n looked up at him, confused, cocking an eyebrow. "Tenko...?"

"I've known you for a really long time," he began, his voice wavering. "Every time I looked at you... I noticed the little things. How you tuck your hair behind your ear when you need to look close at something, how you raise your left eyebrow when you get confused or distraught," he chuckled. "And your selflessness, pride, and loyalty."

Y/n was standing now, more confused than ever. Gosh. Y/n could be such a blockhead at times.

"Tomura... what are you saying?" She asked, only causing the male to chuckle in response.

Tomura dropped to the ground and onto one knee, pulling the item he removed from his pocket out from its hiding place behind his back. It was a small black box. He propped it open, revealing a small silver ring that was embroidered with intricate patterns that had been etched into it from side to side all the way around by a master of the craft.

"Will you marry me?"

"What do you think?"

"Yes?"

"Yes!"

«Don't forget to smile»

:]

————————————————————————
Would you like me to write out their wedding in a chapter? I'm leaving this choice up to you guys. Majority rules.

Thanks for reading :)