05: a l l m i g h t

Edited: April 8 2019
Wc: 1014

"Midoriya! Look out!" The frog girl yelled as Y/n smiled widely at them, causing them all to freeze in their tracks.

7  y e a r s  a g o

He knew she would ask one day.

He just wasn't expecting her curiosity to peak on the matter so soon.

"Hey, grandpa?" Y/n and Gran Torino were sitting on a pair of yellow kiddy swings at a small park with a play structure and monkey bars that was recently built near Gran Torino's residence.

He hummed, looking over at her patiently.

She removed one of her hands from the braided metal chain that connected her plastic seat to a wooden frame that held two individual swings at the edge of the playground and began twisting her h/l locks around her index finger nervously, slightly smiling as usual. "Who are my parents?"

Gran Torino stopped swinging back and forth and placed his feet on the ground under his swing.

Should he tell her the truth?

Or... should he lie to her?

Or... perhaps... should he only tell her half of the truth?

Gran Torino wasn't sure. So, he chose a fourth option: panic and avoid the topic for now.

"Um... let's talk about this at home... alright, pumpkin?"

Y/n'a ghost of a smile faded into a slight frown at his response, but she attempted to curl her lips upwards once more to show her caretaker that she was okay.

"Okay then."

During the rest of their time at the park, y/n could basically feel someone's eyes locked onto her.

She tried her best to search for the source of her paranoia, but was only met with the strange sight of a boy a bit older than her wearing a dark blue hoodie with light blue hair and seemingly glowing red eyes leaning up against the brick wall of the washroom nearby.

She brushed it off as a coincidence as Gran Torino grasped her hand and announced that they were going to be heading home now.

She only nodded and followed him in response.

Once their small walk had come to an end and Gran Torino and y/n were finally sitting back on their comfy couch inside Gran Torino's humble home, y/n broke the ice once more.

"Who are my parents?" She asked the old man once again. Except, this time was a bit different than before. Her tone showed that she wasn't just asking for information, she was demanding a full and truthful answer.

So, Grab Torino ended up going with option one. He was going to tell her the truth.

Once he made sure she was calm again and ready to listen, he began.

"Your mother is sadly unknown, but your father is someone who many, many people look up to and respect," he began.

"Captain Crunch?"

"..."

"..."

"...You wish."

Y/n cracked a smile at his carefree attitude and just decided to roll with it.

"No. Truthfully, your father is the number one hero, All Might," Gran Torino huffed out a breath of relief, knowing that he finally let go of the secret he had been holding in for so long.

Y/n'a mouth fell agape and her eyes grew wide as she let her guardian's words fully seep in. "What?!"

p r e s e n t

"Midoriya! Look out!" The frog girl yelled as y/n smiled widely at them, causing them all to freeze in their tracks.

Y/n slowly walked over to them, fully enjoying the pure shock that had enveloped their young, pure faces.

"Oh boo hoo. You got trapped." Y/n scoffed. "If you're really scared of me now, than just wait till I'm actually angry."

"I think I just peed a little," the small grape boy said.

Y/n looked over at him in disgust before staring at all three of them together once more.

"You know what? Never mind. You guys are too weak anyways. Come find me in a battle sometime when you've become strong," Y/n said to them, letting her smile fall off her s/c face and her quirk's effects fade away from them.

She jumped into the air and landed on the top of the ship before looking back down at the three students and all of the weak villains surrounding them one last time. "I'll leave the three of them to you guys."

Y/n jumped off the ship and seemingly disappeared into thin air as she made her way back, quickly, to the real battle.

The girl finally arrived and stared silently at the scene of Noumu getting ready to pounce on the pro hero Eraserhead.

"Come on, Tomura. I'm itching for a battle worth putting at least some effort into. If this is all you've got, I might as well just wait until All Might shows up," She complained to her blue haired companion, making my way next to him and he grasped onto Eraserhead's elbow with all five fingers, causing the flesh and outer tissue of the pro's elbow to begin decaying and flaking off.

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure All Might will be coming soon, Smile," Tomura assured her, slowly walking away from Eraserhead as Noumu repeatedly smashed his already damaged face into the concrete ground.

"Never fear! For I am here!" The doors of the facility busted open as the number one hero bursted through them and into the USJ.

All the heroes and heroes in training were relieved and thankful that All Might finally managed to make an appearance. But, there was definitely something lingering throughout everyone's mind.

Something that everyone noticed and managed to take account of in the short period of time that All Might stood still at the top of the tall staircase of the large glass dome covered training area.

He wasn't smiling.

But that wasn't the only thing on everyone's mind. There was one word that echoed throughout y/n's head like an annoying alarm clock that just won't shut up.

"Father."

«Don't forget to smile»

:]