30: f a i t h

Tenko lay there silently—for he could not hear—floating in an eternal abyss of deafening water that seemed to never run dry.

He paddled his right hand like a flipper when he spotted a speck of land, soon after cursing his slight malnourishment. Nevertheless, he arrived at the land- very quickly- and drug himself out of the water and onto a sandy beach with his atrophied arms.

He walked across the crystal clear sand until he reached a palm tree that loomed over his tall figure. He sighed and wiped his brow of the sweat that had somehow managed to creep itself onto his clear skin before slumping down into a heap at the stump of the wood behind him.

"So this is the afterlife, huh?"

As he expected, no one responded. But, he noticed, every time he closed his eyes, he was met with an image of his children Yuu and Hana ... and his love y/n.

He grunted and stood up, bracing himself on the tree with his palm.

"No way am I giving up that easily."

~~

Tomura had been climbing trees, slumping through the forest, and scaling cliff after cliff for both day and night— for how many, he had lost count.

Once he finally reached the centre of the island, he realised something.

Wait, didn't I dream about my death scene like a week ago?

He plopped down onto a rock to ponder over his thoughts. For a while he did this. In fact, he was so deep in thought, that he had not heard nor felt the soft rumbling and shaking of the sand and dirt around him.

And by the time he did,

it was too late.

~

Y/n had never been more devastated in her whole entire life. The love of her life, the father to her children, ripped from her hands and her life straight in front of her. Or was he?

Now, exactly one week after the accident occurred, y/n found herself sitting in a highly uncomfortable hospital chair next to a stationary gurney that held Tomura.

That's right. He wasn't dead (you're welcome).

Y/n was mortified as the scene took place, but relieved to hear that the bullet had merely missed his heart, although the fact that he wasn't dead yet was surprising to both herself and all the nurses and doctors at the hospital as well.

They announced that after one full week, they would discharge him and deem him deceased. Y/n told him every time that she could that Yuu, Hana, and herself all missed him dearly.

Tears were shed. Hands were clasped tightly together. Y/n sobbed silently over his body at his funeral. The dark coffin was too depressing for the cheerful man she had grown to love and cherish with all her heart.

Y/n never felt so depressed as she did that day. But then, out of the blue, as she walked by the coffin, crying into a hanker chief, something unexplainable happened.

His eyes shot open.

"Miss me, baby?" he asked, caressing y/n's mortified cheek with his "dead" hand.

She dropped to her knees and lifted his back up before kissing his make-up covered face as if he had died or something like that.

"I love you, dork."

"I love you too."

I felt bad for making you guys upset that he died

«Don't forget to smile»

:]