23: i l o v e y o u

"Y/n!" Toga exclaimed, wrapping her arms around the h/c haired woman, the both of them smiling and laughing.

"I missed you!" Y/n responded, her hands on the shorter girl's shoulders. "What did you do while I has gone?"

(Yes you're tall in this, lol)

"I went on loads of missions with Dabi and Kurogiri and Handsy Man and Spinner and Twice!" She giggled, showing off her pearly fang-like teeth. "They were pretty boring though..."

Y/n laughed at the girl's statement. "I'm not surprised."

Tomura walked into the room where y/n had reappeared, surprising him, the day before. He was met by the laughing of girls and the scene of Toga and y/n smiling while preforming a secret handshake of some sort.

"I want a secret handshake with y/n..." he thought to himself, scratching his neck oddly. Why was he having these thoughts? He didn't want to be her friend anymore. He wanted to be... more than friends.

He shook his head and walked over to the girls. They turned towards him, acknowledging his arrival. Their smiles stretched out further the closer he approached.

Y/n gave him a short wave, smiling while leaning forward slightly, giving off the feeling of a young, innocent child. "Hey Tenko!"

He noticed that as soon as himself and the e/c eyes girl made eye contact, from the base of his neck to the tip of his ears became slightly warmer.

"H-Hey."

"...Did—" y/n chuckled slightly, a fist covering her mouth to try and muffle her angelic laughter. "Did you just stutter?"

Tenko's whole face was burning hot by that point, although he wasn't fully sure why. Maybe he caught something from Twice? He would be sure to pay him back later on.

"N-No..."

Toga, as well as y/n began laughing brightly. "He did it again!"

Y/n finally calmed own her laughter and placed a and on Tomura's shoulder, causing his face to flush down to an even deeper shade of scarlet than it was before— the colour almost rivalling Stain's blood red headband bandana thingy-mabobber-oodle.

Toga made eye contact with y/n and wiggled her eyebrows, catching onto Tomura's beet red, hand-covered face.

Y/n rolled her eyes and shoved the girl playfully. "I need to talk to Tenko."

Toga blinked patiently, awaiting for the woman to continue.

Y/n sighed understandingly. "Alone?"

"Fine," Toga groaned, dragging out the sound of the vowel 'i'.

She walked past them, towards the exit of the room, before turning around and winking. "No hanky-panky while I'm gone, m'kay hun?"

Y/n only laughed off the comment as Tomura's face that was slowly returning to its normal shade of deadly pale flushed as red as a bouquet of a dozen crisp red roses once more.

Toga grinned before leaving the room completely, satisfied with the result of her playful little comment.

Tomura turned his attention towards y/n, ready to listen to whatever she had to say.

"I'd like to talk to Tenko, not your hand father, silly!" She laughed. Hr laughter was a sound that Tomura always found enjoyable to hear. The sound of silver holiday bells ringing merrily on Christmas Morning. The soft, deep chimes that rang through the damp autumn air at the date of September 11th to remember the attack on the Twin Towers in America. Her laugh was truly a tune from the peaceful and perfect moments that everyone who had passed will never forget. Her laugh was perfect. She was perfect.

He removed the hand from his face, chuckling nervously. "Its just me now."

Y/n smiled as they both took a seat at the brand new bar that Kurogiri had just installed at their new hideout. "I wanted to talk to you about... us."

Tomura gulped. Was he not enough? Of course he wasn't enough. He shouldn't have even been wishfully thinking that she might be the one for him in the first place.

"I'd like to be more than friends," she said, shocking him.

"Real... Really?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly.

Y/n nodded, lifting his tattered and broken spirits. "Really."

"Would it be alright if I—"

"Yes."

Sparks. That was all the both of them felt when their lips met. Surprisingly, Tomura's lips weren't as dry and cracked as most people would have thought so.

It was short but sweet. They pulled back, both grinning like the mad men they were.

The rest of the gang eventually pooled into the wide, open room, laughing and smiling like a bunch of idiots, while patting each other on the backs and congratulating the new couple.

"I love you, Shimura Tenko."

"I love you too... l/n y/n."

«Don't forget to smile»

:]