21: f r e e

Two years. That's how long y/n had to stay locked up in an old cell in Hosu. It was a pure miracle how she was locked up with someone mostly sane- she wouldn't be able to say the same about herself otherwise.

"You are free to go."

Y/n's eyes filled to the brim, slowly, with fresh, salty tears.

"Free...," she muttered to herself, smiling slightly as wet tears rolled softly down her red cheeks. "Free."

A week later, y/n still had yet to locate Tomura. Turns out, their bar got exposed and torn apart, so the leader moved his gang to a new residence- one y/n had yet to locate.

She began strolling down the sidewalk towards the mall and plaza. The soft chirping of the crows mixed in with the serene feeling the fountain at the centre of the mall gave her was all y/n needed to let her mind escape the stress of not being able to find her love, Tomura.

She arrived at the mall and sighed. It had been a long time since she'd last seen this place...

I wonder if its still there.

She cautiously walked down the main stretch of concrete and people, searching far and wide for the infamous manga shop she loved oh so much all that time ago.

She was about to give up hope when she saw it- wait, no. Where it should have been. In the place of her favourite shop was a small boutique that was filled to the brim with flowers of all kind- from daisies to hydrangeas.

Still salty from the fact that her favourite manga shop had been closed down- and replaced, at that, she entered the shop and began to browse the new shelves and racks that lined the open space of the room.

There were so many flowers and plants, including baby's breath, that were almost too good to be true.

Y/n ended up leaving the small shop with a bouquet of white lilacs that were adorned by a few sprigs of baby's breath. The whole display had been wrapped up with green and purple plastic- the slight tint of colour adding to the halo of light that seemed to follow the h/c haired girl everywhere she went.

Y/n smiled as she sniffed her flower choice, happy with the arrangement  she had forgiven the mall management for removing the manga shop she loved.

Forgetting about the fountain and the sea of people crowding around it, tossing in penny after penny to wish their dreams true, she continued walking. Upon reaching the corner of the street, y/n bumped into a man wearing a hoodie, whispering a short "sorry" as she continued her trail towards whatever destination  she planned on reaching next.

Once she left the man in a confused state, he turned around, utterly baffled to the core. "Y/n..?"

Since school has started, I will update when I can. Thank you for your support and understanding- and thank you for reading!

«Don't forget to smile»

:]