Chapter 10

~~~~~

Feeling an empty space next to me, I woke up. I sat up and scanned the room with weary eyes. As I let out a hefty sigh of exhaustion, I swing my legs off the bed. Though, my legs were kinda trembly, I tried my best to manage walking.

He wasn't bluffing when he said he was going to make me tremble.

Mine and Mark's clothes were still scattered across the floor in the room. I picked my panties up off the floor then slid them on. Mark's shirt came to sight, so I decided to pick it up off the floor and wear it. The shirt was long enough that it covered up any view of my undergarments. 

I exit the room and headed downstairs, using the stair rail to help support myself up since my legs were just too wobbly that there is a possible chance that I could fall down the stairs. And that wouldn't be pretty. There was even a mild painful ache in my core.

By the time I made it downstairs, I happen to stumble into the kitchen and went straight for the refrigerator.

"A girl gotta eat..." I said to myself as I immediately search through the fridge.

"Morning." A voice called out from behind me which made me jump a little.

I turned around only to see Mark sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter, munching on a bowl of cereal. On my way down the stairs, I must have not noticed him sitting there.

"Oh, hi. I didn't see you there..." I muttered, scratching the back of my neck as I lean on the other side of the counter he was at.

Mark stared down at my legs. I'm pretty sure he noticed how funny I was walking. He smirked conceitedly as he plopped his chin onto the palm of his hands. "You thought I was bluffing?"

I became flushed all of a sudden and tucked my hair behind my ear as I didn't dare to make eye contact with him. "Whatever." 

It grew quiet. There's that awkwardness I was afraid of. If I hadn't had sex with him, we would probably still be talking to one another, but still be at each other's throats.

Having sex with him wasn't as bad as I thought. I have to admit, he actually made me feel good and satisfied my needs. Also, I even considered that he's even better than my ex.

No wonder so many girls fall head over heels for him.

Once or twice, I've even called him cute. I haven't told him directly that he is, but I've always thought about it. Sometimes that smile of his makes my heart melt or pound like crazy. There are times when I just wanna poke his little cheeks.

Mark's lips curl to the side while he glanced down at his bowl. I eyed around the kitchen to distract myself from looking at him.

Mark cleared his throat as he gazed up to look at me again. "Y/n," He called out which caught my attention to look at him. "About last night..."

"We agreed we wouldn't talk about that." I stated.

"I know, but I just wanted to thank you." He said, giving me a soft smile which made me lose my balance a little.

"Eh? Thank me?" I questioned, pointing to myself. "I'm the one who should thank you. You're the one who... satisfied my needs."

"But that's the thing. You satisfied mine too." He spoke out in a husky voice. "You were... great."

I mouthed an "oh" and scratched the back of my head. Mark tilted his head to the side and squinted his eyes at me. He then patted the stool next to him.

"I don't want things to be awkward between us." He uttered. "Let's talk."

Though, my legs were still shaky, I tried my best to walk around the counter then sit in the stool beside him. I faced towards him and sighed. "I've been living here for two months now and you know nothing about me."

"You know nothing about me either."

"I know you're cute and a total womanizer." I confessed, not even having to think twice. "You sweet talk girls, get them into bed, then break their hearts like the total asshole you are."

Mark directed his head towards me. A grin began to slowly creep on his lips as he looked down at me. "You think I'm cute?"

Did I say that?

"What?" I froze, trying to process everything I just said. 

"You said I was cute." He stated, smiling wider than before.

"T-That just happened to–"

He leaned closer to me which made me shift back a little.

"You like me, don't you?"

I scoffed, hitting at his shoulder as I rolled my eyes. His pocket buzzed which made us both lock eyes on it. He took his phone out. It seemed to be a call.

"Hello?" He answered.

Mark nodded then put the call on speaker as he placed it down on the counter between us. I glanced down at his phone to check the caller ID. Ms. Kim was the name.

"It's my mom?" I questioned in a low tone. Mark nodded in response.

"I'm sorry. I didn't call you on your birthday yesterday." She said. "I was busy. Did you do anything."

"I went out with Sana." If I told her I went out with my Father, she would have a fit.

"Ah, I see. Did Mark give you anything?" She asked.

Mark smirked as he leaned even closer. "I gave her a present she'll never forget."

"Really? What is it?"

I almost choked. At first, I didn't know what to say. I cleared my throat and sat up in my seat.

"It's really nothing, Ma." I lied. "It was just a simple present. Nothing special..."

"Well, I gotta go, but one more thing before I go," She paused. "Mark, happy birthday!"

💐💐💐💐💐

Yes, it's Mark's birthday! 🤗 Well, in Korea it is. I wanted to post this tomorrow, but since I'm a little behind on updating, I decided to do it today.

School is starting again next week, so updating might be a little hard. I'm sorry! I will try my best to update! ❤