Chapter 13

Sana's eyes widened as she slowly took a few steps back away from you. "You... what?!"

"I said I think I like Mark." You repeated yourself, glancing down to the floor when you started to feel embarrassed.

"Just two months ago, you told me how much you hated his guts."

Your mind went blank at the thought of him. The way he kissed you, the way he held, and also the way he tried to protect you. All of it made you shiver and it made the muscular organ between your chest thump even more.

"I.. I don't know how it happened." You breathe out. "I just... do."

Sana sighed, running her fingers through her hair. She seemed somewhat frustrated. Her breathing shortens and her pupils dilate.

She looked up at you. You dared not to meet her fierce gaze and just continued to take in the view of the black and white checkerboard floor. Her footsteps got closer to the bed then suddenly her cold hands touched your bare thighs.

"Y/n, you really like him, don't you?"

"I think so..." You murmured, staring down at Sana's dainty hands.

"You think?"

"I can't confirm my feelings just yet." You stated, finally matching your sight with hers. "It's going to take sometime to figure this out."

She became quiet for a second, letting out a hefty puff. "The real question is... Does he like you?"

At that, your chest clutches tighter. You could still remember what he said the other day. "We're not a couple."

"He doesn't." You said. "I'm not his type. Plus, he has a girlfriend. And a whole lot of other girls he's fucked."

"Have you talked to Jaemin lately?" She inquired, leaning against the bed. At that name, your mind races. It's been a year since you've heard it.

Jaemin is your ex. You and him dated for two years. It turns out he was just a fuckboy like Mark. He cheated on you with one of your best friends. But she's not friend anymore. It's hard to believe but Yujin used to be friends with you and Sana. She wanted Jaemin and she got him.

And now she has Mark too.

"Why should I talk to that bastard?" You slur. "I want nothing to do with him."

Before Sana could say anything, the bell rung. She sighed, picking her backpack up off the floor and swung it over her shoulder. By the look in her eyes, you could tell she was quite concerned about you. Her hands planted down on your lap as she rose her head up to look at you.

"I gotta go to class." She huffed out in annoyance. "Make sure you rest. I'll see you later, okay?"

In response, you say nothing and nod. She smiled and patted your cheek gently. You watched as she exited the room. Now, you were alone. Sana went to class and the nurse wouldn't be back to check up on you for a little while.

You lay back on the bed, gazing up at the ceiling. Your chest felt compacted. It was weird feeling like this. You haven't like this in years.

Plus, it will be heard to hide your feelings with Mark. You two live together and will be living together for the pass year.

Lucky you...

💐💐💐💐💐

You were walking home with Mark, but at a distance. You staggered behind him. Walking beside him would be to uncomfortable and awkward. Mark noticed how distant you were from him. He turned on his heels and headed towards you. You heart stopped. His hand seizes at your upper arm, causing you to lightly gasp at the contact