Chapter 36

After school, as planned, you all went to your house to study. It was weird having them all over, especially Yeri since she seemed somewhat disturbed as she basically scrutinizes the house while she follows you the stairs with the others. It was as if she was looking for something.

Now, you're in your room, two hours have passed and the four of you are laid on the bed in different postures, eyes focused on the notes and work in front of you.

"What did you guys get for number twelve?" You question out of the blue, glancing towards them, expecting an answer.

"I got nine," Sana responds, flipping back a few pages on the packet.

"Got four." Yeri remarks.

"Bold of you to assume I did it," Jungwoo says, placing down his workbook and you can see his phone between the pages and he grins cheekily

Sana scoffs and you try to prevent the smile that was creeping on your lips. Jungwoo only shrugs, resting back on his elbows.

"You know, exams are coming up?" Sana prompts, looking behind her to only see the way he plays on his phone.

"And I'll do what I do every year," He neglects. "Cheat."

Yeri snorts out a laugh, and Sana rolls her eyes while she sits up and closes her book. She slides her stuff in her backpack, a sigh escaping her mouth when she checks the time on her phone. "It's getting late. We should go."

"You're leaving already?" You ask.

She nods, slapping Jungwoo upside the head, signalling him to get his stuff together. He tsks, shoving his phone in his back pocket and the unread books in his bag.

"I'll give you a ride." You offer and she denies, standing up from the bed and placing a peck on your forehead.

"We'll catch a taxi or something," She says, dragging Jungwoo to the door. "See you later, babe."

He cocks his head, brows furrowing at her suggestion. "Taxi?" He huffs out, sounding slightly disgusted. "You're paying, right?"

That was the last thing you heard before they left. You giggle to yourself at Jungwoo's word, but it slowly fades when you gaze at Yeri in front of you. Her attention still in her books and her lips pouty.

You sigh and place a hand on her lap, causing her to jump slightly at the contact and look up at you. Your head tilts, confusion is obviously written all over her face.

"It's late. You're not leaving?" You ask sympathetically and she flutters her eyes down to avoid your gaze.

"I..."

You notice the saddened look on her face and you bite down on your lip. "What's wrong?"

She glances up at you, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "I-Is it okay if I s-stay the night?" She murmurs then gulps when your eyes gape. "I-If that's alright with y-you."

"Are you sure?" You try to verify because you just want to make sure she's comfortable with her request.

"My p-parents won't be home tonight and I don't wanna be alone... So I-"

Placing a hand on her shoulder to ease her, you smile, letting her know that she didn't have to be so awkward asking for something. You nod, letting her know that it was alright for her to stay the night. Plus, it was a good way for you both to get to know each other better.

You get up from the bed, searching in your drawers then returning back with a loose T-shirt and pajama bottoms for her to wear. "I hope they fit."

"Why are you so nice to me?" She questions, looking at the clothes in her hands then back at you.