Chapter 42

You wake up to Mark clinging to you, using your breast as a pillow. It hurts, but you deal with it. He's snuggling against you as if you were his prized possession. You glance at the window, not being able to tell what time it was. Your phone is on the nightstand and you can't reach it with Mark on you. You'll have to guess it's somewhere in the middle of the night.

Your fingers glide through his dark hair and at that action, Mark's breath deepens at your touch, holding you a little tighter in his arms.

The longer you lay there with him in your arms, the longer you have to use the restroom. You don't wanna wake him up, but he's pushing against your bladder.

You huff, lifting yourself up a bit and hope he'll slide off you. But Mark mumbles under his breath, one eye slowly opening to peek at you. "Where are you going?" He asks in a groggy voice.

"Bathroom..."

"Will you come back?" He questions, hand sneaking down to hold yours.

You nod. "Yes."

"Promise?"

"Yes, Mark." You playfully roll your eyes as you push your hair back.

His hand leaves yours. He moves his head from your chest and onto the pillows. It wasn't as comfortable but it will do. He finds himself relaxing again.

You swing your legs off the bed to where you just sit up to let your back straighten. Arms wrap around you and you smile to yourself at how clingy he's become. His chin rests on your shoulder as he pecks your cheek.

"Come back soon."

You nod, patting his cheek gently. Once he lays back down, you stand to your feet, throwing his shirt that you found on the floor over your head. As you make your way towards the door your legs feel like jello, almost giving out on and Mark grins to himself at the sight before shifting in bed.

💐💐💐💐💐

You rinse your face with cold water, hoping to cool yourself down. You're trying to recall what happened, but once you do, you deadpan. You said you weren't ready to talk to him, yet again you became weak around him again.

And that's what you hate about yourself. You think it's his charms that he's unaware that he has or it's the fact that you like him too much and he just has that effect on you.

And he knows he does.

Once you return to his bedroom, you crawl back in his bed. Mark welcomes you with open arms and you beam lightly, laying on his chest as he wraps his arms around you.

"Are you okay?" He asks out of the blue, causing you to look up at him.

You hum. "I'm fine, why?"

"Last night," He clears his throat. "I wasn't too rough, was I?"

Your cheeks fume at that. You nibble at your bottom lip, drawing imaginary shapes into his chest. "I... Uh- no..." You mumble. "I'm just upset I didn't get to eat."

Mark chuckles at that, fingers dancing across your skin. He finds comfort in the soft breaths you make. It calms him knowing you were right by his side and that he could have you to himself.

It scared him, knowing that you could crawl back to Jaemin. He broke your heart and he didn't deserve someone as kindhearted, caring and beautiful as you. All you tried to do was love him and yet he slept with someone else because he couldn't keep it in his pants.