Chapter 48

You stand there, frozen, door wide open with your mothers staring at you with big eyes, and a wide smile. They obviously seemed to be suffering from jet lag by the dark circles under their eyes and slightly messy hair. There was a sudden awkward silence. You sort of panicked and closed the door in their face which made you feel really bad. 

"Oh my gosh, they're here," You utter hurriedly as if you were about to hyperventilate. "They weren't supposed to be here until next month!"

"Okay, so they flew in early." He shrugs. "We can just act like we did last time my mom visited. Hide it."

"Last time, the only thing we hid was the fact we slept together over those stupid pills." You groan, taking a few steps back from the door just in case they might overhear you. "We weren't in a relationship then."

Mark hums with a nod, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his pants. "Right, for now, we're not in a relationship. We're just roommates." He clears his throat. "Roommates who fuck every now and then, but still roommates." 

You let out a disappointed chuckle, but just let it be. "Just open the door, Mark, please."

Mark grins a little but deadpans when he opens the door to keep a serious expression. The women behind the door were too tired to even care why you closed the door on them. Instead of questioning it, your mother forces you into her embrace as Mark's mother does the same to her own child. Of course, you hug her back because you had to admit, you did miss her. That's when they switched, Mark's mother now pulling you into a hug and your mom doing the same to your boyfriend.

Almost as if on sync, they both sigh when you and your boyfriend plop back down on the couch, keeping a reasonable distance from one another. That's when Miss Lee decides to speak up. "You guys don't look very happy to see us." 

You shake your head. "No, we are! It's just we were expecting you next month. Right?" You glance over at Mark he nods.

"We're on a little break." Your mom states as she sits next to you, stroking the back of your head. "We missed you kids. It's been almost a year?"

"Video calls weren't enough, so now we're here." Miss Lee adds on, stretching out her arms. "You guys are so quiet. What's wrong?"

"Just a little shocked." Mark states which makes his mom coo at him and cling to him.

"Well, I'm starving!" Your mom says, clapping her hands together when you and Mark don't say anything else.

"Same!" Miss Lee continues, the aura she gives off is way too peppy for this time of day. "Not a big fan of airplane food. How I whip something up?"

 That's when she went to the kitchen, your mom following behind to assist her with cooking. Mark gazes over at you, a soft smile on his face as he pats the top of your head before joining your parents in the kitchen. You huff, feeling somewhat uneasy of the sudden visit.

💐💐💐💐💐

After dinner, Miss Lee and your Mom offered to stay behind to clean up while you went upstairs to your room. As soon as you plop down on your bed, a few seconds later there's a knock on your door. You don't say anything, considering he already let himself in. 

"You okay?" He asks, making himself comfortable by laying down beside you. You nod, giving him no attention whatsoever and continuing to scroll through your phone which he didn't like. He throws an arm over your waist and snuggles into your side.

You spare him a glance before shutting off your phone to lay it on the nightstand. Mark  continues to cling on to you. He knows that since your mothers are here, you both are going to have to tone down the affection. "How long do you think they're staying?"

"Don't know. A week? Month?"

You sit up a bit, causing his head to travel to your lap. "We should make rules."

"Rules?" His head shoots up to look at you while he pinches your thighs with his fingers, leaving behind a few marks. "Isn't hiding it enough?"

"One more." You suggest and he still looks at you weird, but signals you to continue. "Um, we can't have sex..."

He hums and cleans out his ear, a quite unsure expression on his face as he lets out a chuckle. "You know, now is not the time for jokes."

You scoff and push him off you. He groans, sitting up to shoot daggers at you. "You can keep it in your pants for like a week. It's called self-control."

"Y/N, I can't even be in a room with you and stand on different sides." He defends. "Cause you know I can't control myself when it comes to you."

"Not my problem."

There's a moment of silence that he gives you. He's pissed and you roll your eyes at his child-like behavior. Just a few minutes later there's another knock on the door which causes you and Mark both to separate from each other. He moves to a chair that was on the other side of the room and you stay on the bed. Signaling whoever to come inside, you shift somewhat awkwardly on your bed.

Your mom peeks her head through the door crack, a soft smile on her lips. "What's going on here?" 

On sync, you both shake your head. "Just talking," Mark says.

She drones, looking more over at you than him. "Do you mind if-"

"Uh, yeah, sure." He instantly gets up from the seat to leave the room.

She sets herself down at the edge of the bed, both her hands intertwined with one another as they rest in her lap. You clear your throat, feeling uneasy since you didn't know what to say instead smile every you both made eye contact. It's been close to a year since the last time you've seen her and all you could do is smile like an idiot. 

Your mother smooths out the wrinkles in her dress as she asks, "Are you mad at me?"

"No, why would you think that?"

"I don't know," She breathes out a light chuckle, fiddling with the hem of her dress. "I thought maybe you were upset that I just dropped you here and I feel bad for missing your birthday and graduation."

Biting your lip, you try to comfort her by resting against her shoulder and rubbing her back. "It's not your fault. You have to work."

"So, I was thinking that we should hang out to make up for everything I missed." The tone in her voice increases as she gets a little excited at the thought. "How about tomorrow?"

"I'm down." You beam. 

She pats the side of your head before slipping your hair behind your ear then standing up from the bed to stretch. "Well, I'm gonna go now." she yawns. 

"Right."

"And don't be late, we really need to talk."

"Oh?" Your eyes widen. "Anything important?"

She pauses for a second before scratching the back of her head. "I hope not."

Short chapter, sorry.