Chapter 23

It was morning and Jisung's Mom was outside waiting in the car, getting ready to take her son to school. Jisung looks back at the vehicle waiting for him and sighs deeply.

He enjoyed being with you and Mark and just didn't want to leave just yet. It was going to be awhile before he's able to come back for you to babysit him again.

You, on the other hand, was somewhat upset that the child has to leave because you were starting to grow fond of the little boy. He lives right next door, so he can always come over anytime.

"It was fun playing with you, noona." Jisung chimes with a big smile. "I'll come back soon, so don't miss me too much."

You crouch down, ruffling up his hair and beam softly before standing back on your feet. "I'll try not to."

Jisung then glares up at Mark and signals him to come closer. He whispers in his ear, "You either tell her or I will."

Mark's eyes widen to hear that and he just brushes it off with a anxious chuckle. "What are you talking about?"

"Man up and tell her already." Jisung says, patting him on the shoulder. "Good luck."

You stand there kind of awkward while the two boys whisper back and forth to each other. Their eyes avert to you from time to time, making you feel a little uneasy.

Once pulling away, Jisung grins, orbs twinkling as he adjust the backpack on his back and the other one in his hand. The vehicle honks at him, causing the child to flinch. He only huffs in response and gives you a little wave before making his way towards the car.

Mark closes the door, letting out a sigh of relief now that the child was gone. It's not like he didn't like him or anything, it's just that Jisung is a handful.

  💐💐💐💐💐  

"Darling!" A voice calls out to you from down the school's hallway. You couldn't help but smile and turn on your feet towards the recognizable tone. Jungwoo instantly embraces you in a hug, burying you deep in his chest. "I didn't see you yesterday. What happened?"

A grunt escapes your lips as his hug tightens. "I had things to do..." You mumble. "I was busy."

"Mark wasn't here either, so I'm guessing the two of you got... busy."

You grow crimson at that and push him away, hitting at his shoulder. He can't help but find you adorable and pinches at your cheek. "You're so cute~" He coos, continuing to treat you like a child. 

"Don't joke like that." You whine as you take his hands off your face. He cutely pouts and crosses his arms at your actions. "Anyways, where's Sana?" 

"The poor baby is sick," Jungwoo breathes out, fingers running through his ebony hair. "She'll be back. She's a big girl."

He wraps an arm around your neck and directs you down the hallway. "So, it's only me and you?" You question.

"Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. Because..."

"Please don't." 

"I love you, you love me. We're a happy family. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you Won't you say you love me too?"

You cringe at the childish song. He continues to sing, pecking at your cheek from time to time as he squeezes your shoulder tightly.

You love Jungwoo, but at the same time you hate him. Mostly because he shows his love for you by being so extra. But deep down inside you, you and him can't give enough of it.