Chapter 20

You were running late for school. Your alarm didn't go off which made you sleep in longer. The same thing happened to Mark and now you both were rushing to get ready.

You've already missed first period and you weren't planning to miss any more.

You slip your backpack on your shoulders and adjust your shoelaces. "Mark, c'mon! I swear to gosh I'll leave without you!"

The loud footsteps of him were heard as he rushes down the stairs, trying to manage to put his jacket on with one hand and tried to carry his bag in the other.

You could tell he was as tired as you were by the way he stumbled towards you. His blonde curls untidy and slightly dangling over the left side of his forehead. The way his eyes drooped as if he was going to fall asleep where he was standing.

Unknowingly, your hand reaches out to pat him awake on the cheek, but he instantly grabs your wrist and allows his head to fall onto your shoulder.

He nuzzles at the crook of your neck, letting his warm breath tickle your skin. The contact makes you shiver.

"So... tired." He husk out, releasing his body weight on you which caused you to stumble back a bit.

You've never seen him so zonked ever since you've been living here. He's usually always the one to arise first thing in the morning.

You pat the back of his head gently, allowing a smile to cross your lips. But it quickly fades when you feel his arms embrace your waist.

"M-Mark-" You start, but his gravelly voice immediately cuts you off.

"Can we just stay like this a little longer?" He mumbles, clutching you tighter. "I'm just so tired."

"You're going to make us even later than we already are."

He shrugs. "I never liked school anyway." He says. "What's wrong with missing one day?"

"I'm serious, sleepyhead, let's go."

He groans lightly as you push him back.

You both head towards the door and once it's open, you stop in your tracks. There in front of you stood a charming lady standing there with a little boy in front of her.

She instantly smiles when she's you and Mark.

"Mrs. Park?" You question, tilting your head to the size while you examine the small child in front of her.

"Y/n, Mark," She exclaims. "Just the two people I wanted to see. I need a favor."

"Can this wait? We're running late for school."

Mrs. Park, you're next door neighbor. You've talked to her a few times here and there, chatting with her and her husband. Every time you see her she always seems to be in a rush.

Mark knows her pretty well since they've been neighbors since he was born.

"Please! I'm in a hurry as well." She pleads, securing her arms around the boy in front of her.

Mark sighs, pushing you out the way and forces a smile to the older woman. "Mrs. Park, what can we help you with?"

Her eyes glisten with excitement at him and she scoots the boy in front of her towards the door. The child remained silent and let the woman clutch onto him.

"Can you watch my son, please? I have to work and I have no body to look after him." She basically begs, giving Mark soft eyes.

A smirk spreads on Mark's lips when he turns back to look at you. And you knew what that meant.